GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Small gathering this year, not because of "It", but several family members traveling.

So it will just be Mrs Dood, myself, my daughter and her fiancee. Don't often these days use the more formal "Dining Room " ( we're much more coffee table/tv eaters :)).

Here's my before shot. Turkey and ham finishing up (killer smellfest) and I've got to finish Dood's famous Mac-N-Five Cheese and we're done.

Honey Baked Ham and Turkey
Mac-n- 5 Cheese
Candied Carrots
Green bean Casserole
Fresh homemade Cranberry Sauce
Homemade rolls
Gravy, Gravy, Gravy

and I think 4 different pie choices too.

Going to add 5 lbs before day is over. :)

What's your table looking like. C'mon share the pic love...
20201126_115720.jpg

After shot to follow when we get the table loaded up. :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

·
Registered
19,331 Posts
You are a bit late, dinner is over and leftovers are ensconced in the fridge.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Dinner in a couple hours. Bought a fresh bird this year. Garlic, onion, celery, rosemary, thyme, sage in the cavity. Dusted with home made poultry rub. Kissed with a chunk of apple. Basted with melted butter with some rub stirred in. No brine as the bird was already injected with broth/saline. Happy Thanksgiving GT.
turkey.jpg

·
Native Mainiac
20,699 Posts
Dinner in a couple hours. Bought a fresh bird this year. Garlic, onion, celery, rosemary, thyme, sage in the cavity. Dusted with home made poultry rub. Kissed with a chunk of apple. Basted with melted butter with some rub stirred in. No brine as the bird was already injected with broth/saline. Happy Thanksgiving GT.
View attachment 874890
Ha-Ha....did you yell "CLEAR!" when you jammed those defibrillator probes into the birds chest??

·
Use it up, throw it away
8,753 Posts
I've done it for the past few years, too much work for Mom or my Aunt. I always do a round table but last year I did a square table. I got stuck working this year so we couldn't do it. This is what last year's gig looked like. Vintage Franciscan, service for 14.

IMG_4643.jpg

·
NRA Life Member
5,380 Posts
Ours will be small... Me, the Army Queen, and my 90 year old Father in Law who's now living with us.

One of our families is recovering from the Flu, another family is recovering from Covid, and the rest of us are staying out our respective houses...

2:00pm PST is the Zoom call with the East Coast families!

After the Zoom call it will be Steaks, potatoes, and salad for us!

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all !!!

:waving:

·
Registered
19,331 Posts
Ain’t got one. Having to work all day, three have gone to jail after a foot chase and a fight, an overdose, etc.

And there won’t be one waiting on me tonight. 2020 is the Thanksgiving that wasn’t.
If you weren't so far away I'd tell you to swing buy for a slice of ham and a mess of mac & cheese casserole, I got plenty.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts