GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
I can shoot a DA revolver very well because the first shot is the same as the last. But I can't shoot a crunchenticker semi-auto worth a damn unless I cock the hammer first.
I've been working on that with the 228 I picked up just for that reason and I've really made strides with a lot of dry fire practice and one of those laser bullet systems for more interactive practice (iTarget Pro) and I've really been coming along.

Doubt I'll ever get that first shot as smooth and easy as a Glock (or insert your favorite striker) or 1911 but I've been managing some respectable times in FAST and Bills.

My biggest hangup, actually, with the 228 is it lacks a SRT and I've grown accustomed to the short resets of my 1911s and Glocks and when shooting for fast splits I have short stroked the reset a number of times on the SA pull.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,264 Posts
Regardless of what else I am carrying, I always have my NAA 22 mag.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
My only small frequently carried is a P7M8. But is it really DA/SA. Kind of... Maybe?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
My only da/sa is a s&w 669 . It weights with a empty mag 25.5oz , has the slide size of a SA 1911 and the general size of a colt defender ,kimber or sig Ultra 1911 with a double stack alloy framed and stainless slide with a 1.22 wide flat grip and came with a 12 mags or model 59 mags for higher cap and it has a better SA trigger than most 1911's thats the wide polished radiused 3.5lb trigger . If only it was cocked & locked instead of a decocker !!

I continue to look for a s&w 3913 too but so far Zero .

stock s&w 669 photo

·
10mm Philosopher
6,078 Posts
Smallest DA/SA pistol currently in my rotation of 'Retired Guy' EDC guns is a 3rd Gen ex-L.E. S&W 6906. 12+1 load-out.

I have an early '90s Sig 228, but the 6906 seems to conceal better.

S&W 6906
IMG_20200928_185603307_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
The smallest I have is my HK USPc which I normally carry in 40 S&W. My preference is DA/SA > DAO > striker fired.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I've been working on that with the 228 I picked up just for that reason and I've really made strides with a lot of dry fire practice and one of those laser bullet systems for more interactive practice (iTarget Pro) and I've really been coming along.

Doubt I'll ever get that first shot as smooth and easy as a Glock (or insert your favorite striker) or 1911 but I've been managing some respectable times in FAST and Bills.

My biggest hangup, actually, with the 228 is it lacks a SRT and I've grown accustomed to the short resets of my 1911s and Glocks and when shooting for fast splits I have short stroked the reset a number of times on the SA pull.
Jr24, get a srt installed on your 228 and you will love it. Makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Jr24, get a srt installed on your 228 and you will love it. Makes a world of difference.
Yep, it's on the list of things to do when I have some gun money. Want to put some ameriglo CAP sights on it as well.

Then, add a Vedder light tuck and a few mec gar 15 round mags and I might get to carrying it.

·
G43 Fanboy
1,583 Posts
S&W 3913NL.
I used to carry it in Milt Sparks Executive Companion before I made a full transition to polymer frame handguns.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Model 60

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 229 classic carry is an amazing gun and super accurate but it’s a beast as far as chunkyness and heft. Id say the cz p01 is a better choice for carry as it’s pretty damn light and compact for what it is.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Country boy here who travels to small town civilization once in a while. Keywords for me are; often carry and smallest DA/SA;

S&W M686P/4" with handloaded 140gr Remington SJHP/AA #9 1500s. :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Good selection

I should have also added a model 60, that Mrs. Bluescot has now that I gave to her. I had the local PD armorer bob the hammer and put on the sweetest double action trigger job I have ever seen and it is a supremely accurate shooter probably due to that trigger job.

I carried it for a while in an ankle holster while I was working with different business entities near a high crime area in a neighboring city and became concerned about it's capacity with only those 5 holes in the cylinder when the action moved up to high in that high crime area. It was then that I moved on to Glocks and bought my first one....G19 gen 2.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts