Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im sitting here enjoying a nice glass of sippin' whiskey and was wondering, whats your drink GT? Wine, beer, liquor... What is your favorite type of drink to sit back and relax with?

For me I would have to say it would be a nice glass of some type of whiskey, being in TN there is the usual Jack, Jim Beam and so on, but I also enjoy Johnny Walker and other Scotch Whiskeys as well...

As for wine, I enjoy a nice glass of some sort of dark red, such as cabernet sauvignon...

And beer, a nice micro brew is what I like. There is a nice beer out of Atlanta called Sweetwater, with their flagship Sweetwater 420 that is a nice Pale Ale that I enjoy... Life is just to short to drink Budweiser or Miller ya know..

So, whats your poison GlockTalk.....

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I like to sit back with a good scotch an a cigar. From time to time I will sit back with a good beer, something great lakes brewing. It all comes down to what I am in the mood for. I drink both, I don't hate.

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
I am a wild man I like ice water with lemon. Or iced tea with splenda.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like to sit back with a good scotch an a cigar. From time to time I will sit back with a good beer, something great lakes brewing. It all comes down to what I am in the mood for. I drink both, I don't hate.
Yea, good to see someone supporting their local brewing company..

Ill tell ya, when I was in Germany I toured a brewery and was really impressed. The Germans almost always drink a beer that is made in the city that they live in or the region that they live in... Its not like in America where there are a handful of huge brewing companies that control a large portion of the market..

Support your local beer!

·
Spershul Furces
2,750 Posts
I drink almost anything, because I've only been drinking for about a year and I haven't found my preference yet.

I do enjoy appletinis though :whistling:

·
Registered
789 Posts
I rarely drink, but when I do i prefer a gin and tonic made with Bombay Sapphire or when in the mood for beer, Guinness.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I enjoy beer, not really a beer snob, as long as it is cold...I like Crown Royal on the rocks, splash of branch water...Wine, I like a Lambrousco or **** Red, chilled..On a summer 's day a good Sangria might be called for, before or after a Margaretta...:faint:

·
Banned
5,143 Posts
I enjoy cranberry juice with a splash of 7-up on the rocks.

Reactions: Redeemed

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Booze: I'm a bourbon man...Jim Beam, Booker's, Knob Creek. Rocks, splash of water, neat....depends on the night

Beer? I can never go wrong with the holy trinity: Guinness, Harp or Bass Ale. There are several mid sized brewers in the area who put out a good selection.

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/ Spotted Cow, Fat Squirrel, Totally Naked and Wisconsin Belgian Red are yum-o

http://www.tyranena.com/ Three Beaches Blonde and the Painted Ladies Pumpkin Spice are nice.

I recently discovered Capitol Brewery's Supper Club...that is really, really good

·
GET A ROPE!
37,372 Posts
Coffee, black and strong.
Water, cold and free of swimming creatures.
Occasional can of Coke.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,551 Posts
Coffee: Home-brewed Starbuck's "Breakfast Blend".
Soft drink: Ice cold Coca-Cola or Ice cold Canada Dry Ginger Ale
Tea: Unsweetened Lipton's - brewed then allowed to come to room temp. (Will 'cloud' if cooled in frig.) Then, served over ice w/lemon.
Beer: Rolling Rock or Grolsch
Liquor: Maker's Mark or Patron. For a quick 'shot' - Canadian Club.
Water: Bottled - Deer Park. Home - Brita Filtered. Lots of either.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,407 Posts
Jim Beam Black Label

A glass of Port after supper on occasion.

Sun King beer in the 64 oz. jug.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
for sippin' i'll grab Eagle Rare or Glenlivet

otherwise I drink water all day and maybe a glass of Gatorade with dinner

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,928 Posts
Labatts or a Micro brew if I'm out. A good Bourbon Maker's Mark, Wild Turkey or Knob Creek.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts