close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats you favorite eye protection?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Terminator, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Terminator

Terminator

I know a lot of people like certain kinds/brands of eyewear for protection. Sound off on you fav's

I personally like for all around use the plain ole off the shelf Smith and Wessons. They are very comfortable, tough, and look pretty good too. it doesnt hurt to mess these up too bad.

I also like the Oakley SI M frame in black.

2. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

I really like my Oakley M frames with a gold iridium lens for bright light conditions. The contrast level is very high which makes me think I can see better. Of course, if I didn't get a good deal on oakleys, to be honest, I probably wouldn't have them. I believe I would try the Rudy project glasses. Of course, YMMV. MLM

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I like my Oakley's better than my Browning, Bushnell or Tasco glasses.

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

I have been very happy with Rudy project.

5. pangris

pangris Moderator

link to rudy project?

I normally wear sunglasses outdoor, i.e. rayban, but I always wear impact rated stuff indoors. I prefer glasses that are as light as possible, and am playing around with some Uvex right now.

My biggest pet peeve is glasses that fog up.

Paul

6. AggieMM

AggieMM Aggie Glocker

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Paul;

Go to your nearest Dive Shop or buy direct an item called "500 PSI". It is a jell type substance. You put it on your glasses VERY lightly, rub it in real well then rinse off lightly with plane water and dry with soft cloth. No more fogging.It costs about $8.00 for a 2 ounce bottle but that 2 ounces will last most of your natural life since you use such a small amount. It will work on glasses of any kind as well as the lense on your "Red Dot Sight".

8. pangris

pangris Moderator

Don -

I didn't know I had a red dot sight. Please advise where it is! I've been using those iron thingies ;f

Now that I'm done being a smartass, thanks for the tip! I will do that.

I tried Fog-X on my plastic glasses not long ago ;g destroyed them.

My biggest challenge is finding glasses that fit my big head and that are light and easy to wear.

I'm dealing with it... I bet the dive shop solution will do me very much good.

Paul

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Just in case you make it to the "Deep End" of the pool you will then want a Red Dot for sure. I wear Bi-focals and have a pair of Plastic Lense and a pair of Poly-carbon lenses in 2 pair of shooting glasses and it has worked great on both pair plus I put in on my Red Dot. I shoot U/L for the fun of it , I am not classified as a master class shooter.

10. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

11. pangris

pangris Moderator

Don, Matt, thanks to both of you.

As far as dot thingies go, I'm just good enough that I do well enough to get noticed, but not nearly well enough to get respected. It will be quite some time before I wade down to that side of the pool ;) I'd like to get my M card in production first.

12. silver_wrex

silver_wrex

Anyone has experience with ESS ICE 2.4 with the prescription inserts?

I am about to get a pair of these with prescription insert. My prescription lens pack a bit of punch, ie, the lens are quite thick and must be flat.

I just wanted to know if the prescription inserts will hold these lens and whether the lens need any curvature to fit the carrier and the ESS ICE 2.4.

Also, how durable are they?

Vic.

13. fomeister

fomeister

I am also very fond of Rudy Project. I have the Golfs with the vented lenses. I have tried black, red, clear, and green. Green and clear are my finalchoices. I have two frames and lots of lenses, but they replace lenses for any reason, no questions. I only got the extras because I like a backup set of everything to use while the primary is being replaced or repaired. I also have a pair of Rudy Project Metys that I wear every day. You can get them through Jim Shanahan at Avanced Performance, as he supports the shooting sports, and is a shooter himself. I used to use WileyX, but Rudys are a lot lighter and clearer. Bicycle shops also have them displayed if you want to see a few locally. There are even all black frames for the Golf know as "tactical".

14. Noah Gladstone

Noah Gladstone

I use Rudy project I like them so much I bought a 2nd pair. If the day is very cloudy I use clear Bolle's