Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a used glock 20 gen 4 recently. Today I shot it for the first time and about once or twice each mag, the slide world cycle in a new round, but the trigger would not reset, it would just stay depressed against the frame. Even when I would manually pull the trigger forward, without racking the slide, the trigger would snap back against the frame as soon as the trigger safety bar cleared.

The guy I got it from said he "polished the internals" and I took it apart and looked and he did to a few things. I want to return it back to factory. What could cause the above issue?

Thanks

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, he said he had some zev springs installed, the trigger spring, firing pin spring, and plunger spring. He had the factory springs also so I replaced those back, or at least I think they are the factory springs. I did that as soon as I got it, so the issue above is happening even with those factory springs. I noticed that the plunger looked like he may have taken too much off of, and it also looked like he may have taken a some off the trigger bar bump as well.

· Registered
3,252 Posts
If the springs are OK, and too much polishing was done, your firing pin lug may not be engaging the end of the cruciform properly.

You should have about 2/3s of the cruciform covered by the firing pin lug. Even if you do, the angle can be off because of too much polishing. Don't suppose you have one of these orange Armorers plates? Anyway, if you have another unaltered Glock, maybe you can compare parts or even change them out to test.

Dave

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what it was. I took it apart last night and had a look and he took off too much from the cruciform and the lug, as well as some other places. I'm sitting in the glock customer service center in Smyrna as I type this waiting for them to return everything to factory.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear you're getting it taken care of. Sweet to be able to stop in at the Glock home base.

Dave
Yes it was very convenient. It was only an hour and a half away, so I thought I'd make the drive.

What a good experience! I had to check in at the security gate, and then was pointed to the customer service room. It was very relaxed, there were a few leather couches and several technicians who were "interviewing" customers as to what they were in need of. A guy asked me what I wanted, and I told him the issue. As well as I said I wanted an extended slide release. 30 minutes later he walked out, having replaced the trigger bar, connector, trigger spring, and he topped it off with replacing my 3 magazines with 3 brand new ones. All for no charge.

Excellent customer service, to a gun which I wasn't even the original owner of.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
got a used glock 20 gen 4 recently. ...

The guy I got it from said he "polished the internals" and I took it apart and looked and he did to a few things. I want to return it back to factory. What could cause the above issue?

Thanks

(Rant/opinion/whatever)

I have several Glocks I purchased new from the late 1980's to just last year (2014). After reading about the need to polish the internal parts, I looked at all my Glocks under magnification. The ONLY item I felt needed polishing was the extractor face. I do not know why people insist on polishing the internals of a Glock.

All my other guns (CZ, M&P, and 1911) needed polishing except my Beretta 92.

· Registered
18,795 Posts
When I get a new Glock, I polish the internal metal on metal bits. It takes a little of the grit away and smooths the new trigger pull some. It certainly doesn't change the trigger dramatically, but seems to hasten the smoothing of the action that otherwise only comes in time.

I think when guys do the polish job, sometimes they over do it, rounding edges and changing profiles which can lead to problems. A felt tip and some mothers metal polish on my dremel turned down slow, takes about 10 minutes total to do everything (a flat piece of stock and a micro fiber cloth for the striker lug).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.