GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Maybe?

Yeah we saw that in Wi huh? No you are living an illusion of safety thinking the mere presence of a gun or even firing a shot is making people run away. Many criminals have already been shot, it doesnt scare them.
I'm sure enough in myself and my capabilities that I don't feel the need to overcompensate.

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
I'm sure enough in myself and my capabilities that I don't feel the need to overcompensate.
:notworthy: That statement doesn't surprise me. Hopefully you at least practice with your pocket rocket. Though it wouldnt surprise me if you did not, most do not. I dont care what anyone carries but you did ask.

Reactions: jk_226

·
Enigma
2,504 Posts
Since you're a realist, you already know any gun WILL do...couple of shots and they go running, or they hurt long enough for you to break contact and get away.
No.

Reactions: jk_226

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Kinda want the little Kel-Tec.

But right now, that's just another caliber to hunt down.

And they'll probably still be available if the Commies take over.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I can remember when the 32 was king of the carry guns. I have a couple of 32acp carry guns that I still carry every once in a while. HOWEVER, the reason it isn't the caliber of choice is because we have 380 guns that are almost the same size now. Why carry a 32 when it's about as easy to carry a 380?

And a Ruger LCPII (in 380) is cheap to buy also.
Yes it is...but try firing 200 rounds in one. Then do 200 rounds through a Walher PP or PPK. I think you will see a difference.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
7.65 Browning has two purposes: ornamentation for big wigs or as a deep cover gun that can help you break contact. Because it is smaller in diameter than a .380, .32 FMJ penetrates better and can carry an extra round in the magazine. I use Sellier & Bellot 73 grain FMJ. They load it hot, it’s the heaviest bullet available, and it prevents rim-lock.
S&B 7.65 is great ammo. The energy level is .380acp territory...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
If defending you life against lethal attack which caliber pistol would you least prefer?
A. 9mm
B. 45 acp
C. 32 acp
D. 10mm

I think the answer is pretty clear. :D
And which would you want when you can no longer beg, borrow or steal 9mm, .45acp ammo? Sure you can reload-but reloads in SD/HD is begging for trouble...

And how many guns are in 10mm? And what if your wife needs to use the10mm HD gun?

·
Registered
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
And which would you want when you can no longer beg, borrow or steal 9mm, .45acp ammo? Sure you can reload-but reloads in SD/HD is begging for trouble...

And how many guns are in 10mm? And what if your wife needs to use the10mm HD gun?
...and notice he didn't include .22LR as an option, even though plenty of people have been killed by it.

·
Directiv 10-289
6,828 Posts
Rim lock if using hollowpoints in a regular magazine.
Made me get rid of my Tomcat

·
In The Saddle
7,136 Posts
Right, if that's the only gun 007 is carrying, but as a BUG the .32ACP is heartily endorsed by English Bob.

Yeah, but someone "directed" him to do it... ;)

CM
:horse:

·
woo woo
30,329 Posts
Rim lock if using hollowpoints in a regular magazine.
Made me get rid of my Tomcat
Haven't experienced rimlock in three different jhp loadings thus far with beretta 81. Granted, the tomcat is a single stack

·
Registered
987 Posts
I had a Tomcat Inox. Beretta says do not use any ammo with a muzzle velocity over 130.

·
In The Saddle
7,136 Posts
Maybe?

Yeah we saw that in Wi huh? No you are living an illusion of safety thinking the mere presence of a gun or even firing a shot is making people run away. Many criminals have already been shot, it doesnt scare them.

That is the solid truth...! I used to have a friend that would go to the big city, and always find trouble, he would tell folks who pulled a gun in his 'scrapes,' ... "go ahead and shoot, I don't care.."

There are bad guys who don't care, and BG's who have been shot before, and are still to stupid to care, and your right, it just flat does NOT scare them enough to bother them, whether you got a cannon or a mouse gun. Point being, in that moment, I would rather have the cannon! ;)

CM
:horse:

·
Mentally Frozen
24,803 Posts
Once used a Berreta Tomcat for a pocket pistol and now use a G27 .40 cal.

Reactions: CanyonMan and Rocks
81 - 100 of 168 Posts