close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's with Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Doughnutman_923, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

This is probably boring...but!

Traded for a Gen4 G19, seemed like a good trade since it was NIB and never fired.

Bought some Federal Champion and Winchester NATO and took her out shooting. The first outing was great, functioned like a real champ and I was happy. Then after about three or four times out it slowly started hitting me in the face with more and more brass. (I detail stripped and cleaned, so I'm sure it wasn't powder build up.)

Then after a while it started stove-piping and I got a casing stuck on the rim of my glasses and it burned the crap outta me. Even by my tough buy standards it hurt for several days. So I decided to do something about it.

Polished and lightly sanded and stood upside down in the dark with a blind fold on but nothing seemed to help my BRAND NEW G19 WORK RIGHT..........???

So I decided to polish the small rounded area of the extractor the fits into the recessed hole in the slide......and it works better, no brass to the face with Federal Champion after 20 rounds but I'm still not trusting her.

I bought an older 90 Degree Non-LCI extractor and Spring loaded bearing to put in and see if that helps, should be here tomorrow (yes, I know my Glock is a 15 Degree, but sad to say....it's still getting traded in the next time I'm at the gun shop.)

I called Glock once, they told me to pay for shipping and send it to them. Called Glock again and they said they would pay for shipping, but only after I asked..? Still, I decided I do not want them to keep my brand new pistol for 3-8 weeks and send it back to me saying "Meets Specs" or something generic like that.

Sorry, just needed to vent a little. I'm done now.

:steamed:

Okay, now I'm done.

2. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Sad to say that seems to be the way of many companies,it's the new and improved Glock. I sure do miss the old and unimproved Glock though,it was as close to Perfection as one could get in a semi auto handgun. SJ 40

3. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Cliff Notes version. :yawn:

4. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Whats the reason for when this happens with quality ammo then? You tell me- is this perfectly normal?- almost all 6:00 ejection, 2 mags 3 ejections to the left(this ONLY happens with NATO, +P or anything hot).
    you telling me this is OK or normal for glocks with good ammo?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUryCEapAcc&feature=relmfu"]glock 19 124gr NATO - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVPCpFLnZpI"]glock 19 124gr NATO #2 - YouTube[/ame]

5. Marred

Marred

Hi, new here and I'm having the same problems with my Gen 3 G19. Test fire date 3/2012 ser. #S with dipped extractor and 336 ejector.
    First time w/Federal Champion 115 FMJ 300 rds. got hammered in the face. Second time w/Remington UMC 115 FMJ 250 rds. hammered again.
    Third time borrowed a friends 30274 ejector and fired WWB 115 FMJ, Winchester Nato 124 FMJ and Winchester 147 T-series total of 100 rounds each. Got hit in the face alot less maybe twice and erratic ejection calmed down, The Winchester Nato cleared my head at 6 o'clock so technically not hitting my face. Decided to put back 336 ejector and send back to Glock, they paid shipping. Took to range one more time before sending it, shooting 100 rds. WWB 115 FMJ and erratic ejection was not as bad as first time. None to the face but still erratic and weak dumping them between my arms and hitting my right arm 2 or 3 times every 30 rounds. Sent it back.

Glock returned in 9 days saying meets factory specs. They replaced the extractor with non-dipped but same 336 ejector. Took to the range w/200 rds WWB 115FMJ and 100 rds. Blazer Brass 115 FMJ. Shot the same as before I sent it in. Worse with the Blazer, 2 to the face and weak 6 o'clock between arms and right arm and shoulder about 2 or 3 times every 30 or 40 rounds.
    I called my friend and am currently in negotiations to borrow his 30274 ejector to see if it makes a difference. One more thing, been trying various hollow points for defense choice and have had failure to feed with the last round jamming straight into the feed ramp, something else I have to talk to Glock about. Win. PDX1 147 gr. - Hornady Custom 124 gr. xtp both FTF last round but it liked Corbon 115 +p HP with no problems and ejection being energetic and positive to 4 o'clock. I'll repost after next range visit.

6. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoj0w0YEK0"]Sheriff Tip: The Thumbs Have It - YouTube[/ame]

7. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Sorry about your Glock.

You should have bought a H........Oh never mind. :supergrin:

8. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

That is one sure way to insure Glock perfection. :agree: SJ 40

9. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Are you a moron, a fanboy or a troll, you're one of the 3 no doubt.
    1- I could have a thumb over thumb grip in the video there's no way for you to tell.
    2- you've avoided this before, why does this exact same thing happen in a vice
    3- the fact that it ejects perfectly with cheap ass tula tells me its an extractor/ejector issue.

10. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

A note on the sherrifs reasoning (slightly drifting OT): his reasons for locked thumbs seem to be revolver compatibility and a two hand grip that will supposedly more secure during a weapon retention situation.

On the second point I can only ask: if the bad guy jumps you in close quarters, will you keep your support hand on the gun, and NOT use the weak arm for a defensive repelling movement? Didn't think so.

11. CDW4ME

CDW4ME

I've had issues with my recent 3rd generation Glocks and it did not have a flippin thing to do with my grip, thumbs, or any other "user error".

I took a "hands on" approach and have them both working now :phew:, restrictions apply. :whistling:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431235

12. bac1023

bac1023

Wow, thank God I have an older 2006 G19.

Glock has really stumbled in the last couple of years. I bought mine back when they knew how to build them. :whistling:

13. O'DubhGhaill

O'DubhGhaill

This old coot is really friggin annoying at times. I should use the thumbs over because I'll never know when I'm going to pick up a revolver? Good grief. Retention benefits? Your point above is spot on. It took me a long hard time eliminate the thumb over an automatics from my USMC 1911 days...I'll never go back.

14. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

Me too!

Hahaha, first sentence of the post should have been warning enough. :tongueout:

My ejection isn't as bad as that. :shocked: I have got it kinda fine tuned but I'm still uneasy about trusting it, although aside from 5 stove pipes it hasn't failed me. lol

Wish I had $800 to drop on an H.......oh wait. lol :whistling:

Yeah, I wished they put out Gen1 frames with 3 pins and the other internal improvements or whatever with all models. Sure do love that texture and feel. Oh yeah, and make it gen 3's that actually work.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  15. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

9 days!? With all of the stories I hear that's a lucky turn around time. Also, your pistol just might not like the certain HP's that it's jamming with? Or it might be a mag. issue?

Keep us updated.

16. ck1

ck1 Some Dude

Like most companies, they're more concerned with moving units than quality; that's "what's up with Glock".

Gen4's, and really most of the Gen3's produced after the time around the early runs of RTF2's are inferior to plain s**ty.

If you want to taste the real kool-aid, find an older Gen3.

17. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

:rofl:

Nice.

18. Marred

Marred

Just got back from the range with my G19 Gen 3. (See previous post in this thread) Equipped with Glock non-dip extractor and 30274 ejector after erratic ejection problems.
    50 rds. Blazer Brass 115 gr.
    100 rds. WWB 115 gr.
    50 rds. Remington UMC 115 gr.

I hate to say it, with WWB I got hit once on the left hand with ejected brass but I'm not 100% it wasn't someone else's brass from over the partition. :fred: Is it fixed?
    That was the only alleged incident of erratic ejection, all else was to my 3 and 4 o'clock with the occasional 4:30ish. I even had the range master shoot it for me so I could see where the brass was going and it was 3 and 4 for him. I let him shoot 20 rds. and he gave me the Remington ammo and another target free, cool guy. I think I'll grab a cup in case I want some cool aid but I still need to have my sister shoot it because she is notoriously limp wristed and then I'll see if I'm thirsty. But for now.:supergrin:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  19. DaBurna

DaBurna

Just when I thought it was safe and all clear for Gen4 Glock 9mm's this keep happening....:faint:

Why can't Glock put this to bed?? I was really looking forward to using my GSSF Coupon on a new Gen4 G17.... I just don't think I'm willing until this gets better.... C'mon Glock... FIX THIS!!

20. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Mines at glock now, I coulda bought some.new extractors myself AMD did the work, but I figured ill let them.do what.they do, I'm curious how it will come out. I know in the past they blamed problems with the weaker ammo, but mine gets a lot worse with hotter ammo, it also consistently ejects left with NATO or +p , so I'm curious what they do/say. I'll have it back by this Thursday they said so ill update when I get it and shoot it.