whats up with Taurus lately?!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by cowboywannabe, Jan 27, 2010.

1. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

do not turn this into a bash the bull thread.....

i was looking at some Tauri at my local dealer and noticed on two different .22lr revolvers one has an ejector rod catch at the end like a S&W while the other did not. these were both .22lr snubbies, one was an older blue steel one and the other a s.s. ultra light.

this wasnt a forgot piece because the UL's under lug was a simple piece of metal that was not machined to take the pin and detent plug like the blued one.

anyone know the skippy on this?

i'd like a UL .22lr snubbie for plinking and the "tackle box gun" uses....but i'd like the standard ejector rod catch like what one would expect from a non Colt or Charter Arms gun.

2. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

I think that they must have multiple people working on design, because they are all over the place. Good for getting lots of different designs to market, not so good for consistent design practices.

3. Berto

Berto woo woo

The older ones have the S@W type lockup at the two points; the cylinder pin on the breech face and locking bolt at the end of the ejector rod in barrel lug.
    The newer one lock the same at the rear of the cylinder, but use the 'ball detent' at the cylinder yoke with a corresponding detent in the frame, allowing for a longer ejector rod (or so advertised).

I've had a few guns with both systems and actually like the old style better. The ball detent system seems cool, but it wears to a point where front lockup gets sloppy IME....then you have to send the gun in the have the 'ball' replaced.

4. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

5. thornesguns

thornesguns

i've only owned one taurus. a pt22. it's been extreemly reliable in all conditions and with all types of ammo. i love the gun.

6. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

7. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010