close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

What's up with lightfighter?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by NineseveN, Apr 22, 2004.

1. NineseveN

NineseveN Obscene

I placed an order through their online shopping cart at about 5:00PM Estern time on Tuesday. They charged my credit card when I placed the order (which is not unusual), but then today, 2 days later I get an e-mail stating that what I ordered is out of stock. Maybe it's just me, but 2 days is much too late for an "out of stock" notice. The order was only $73 (including the 2nd day air shipping) but that's not the point. I ordered from 6 other businesses that very same day (Cabela's, Red Soldier, OutdoorHaven, Wiskur, Sportsmen's Guide, K-Var) and all of them (except K-Var, which I have no idea when it will ship as they don't send that info out to me, never have) went without a hitch.

I guess it just seems to be absurd to take 2 days to figure out that something is out of stock and let the customer know about it. I'll give them until Tuesday of next week, if it does not ship I'm cancelling the order, I can't afford to wait around for this stuff.

Is this kind of thing normal from them though? I have always heard good things about them.

2. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

I also have some gear on back order at Lightfighter. That's the way it goes when ordering items that are manufactured in small lots and when demand is high with all of the US Military members currently deploying. I don't know why it took a couple days to get an "out of stock" notice but Brad's crew is really good about communication and I'm sure they would be happy to answer the questions you have about your order via phone or email. You might try contacting them directly.

-smn

3. NineseveN

NineseveN Obscene

Well, after thining about it, I decided I'll give them more time. Crap happens sometimes, I seriously doubt I'm getting burned by waiting for a bit. It sucks to have your gear on hold but I can manage until the stuff arrives.

4. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

I've never heard anything about lightfighter but delays and no communication. Why not just order from somebody else?

5. NineseveN

NineseveN Obscene

Striderglock, it seems we've heard different stories then, I've heard nothing but good things about them. Oh well, I'll let this experience decide if I continue to order from them.

6. Lightfighter

Lightfighter Tactical Gear

Let me see if I can chime in on this and hopefully shed some light:

Under our normal circumstances, two days IS absurd for an email notification. I am afraid it is my fault and I have put too much onto my service departments plate as of late. Since I launched the new Lightfighter website about six weeks ago, it has been anything but normal circumstances around our shop. Things have been a little busier than normal and I think the girls that handle that part of the business have gotten a little behind. While the correct answer to getting busier is to hire more people, which we just did, the results aren't automatic. Finding the right people is sometimes difficult and then training them up to the level that people on the other end of the phone deserve takes a little bit of time. I think we got a good one this time (her husband is from my old company in the 101st and she seems to be very level headed) -- but she has alot to learn before she can pull her weight with the emails and on the phone.

Thank you for giving us a chance to do right and I apologize that it took longer for you to get your response than should ever happen; but please know your order is being taken care of as well as our stock allows and as quickly as humanly possible. Being out of stock in our industry often happens, and because of dealys at the manufacturing end I have found little rememdy for it since starting the business four years ago; but taking too long to answer the emails quickly enough is 100% our fault and I promise that we try harder everyday to do better.

7. Lightfighter

Lightfighter Tactical Gear

I maintain that Lightfighter Tactical has one of the lowest 'dud' rates in the online tactical industry -- that is, I beleive that we have less incorrect orders per hundred than any other company that does what we do. Our returns come in at about a rate of 6 or 7 per week -- after shipping about 350 packages, that is about 2% that we screw over. I take full responsibility for orders that my organization did not do perfectly and I absolutely hate EVERY single package that does not ship with exactly what was ordered; but I am not one of those business owners that will gloss over our mistakes and pretend that we are perfect. We make mistakes and we correct our mistakes. No one is perfect and we use all returned packages as an opportunity to learn from what we did wrong. We get better everytime we re-send the correct size, color, or item.

One thing that Lightfighter has done differently than other stores like mine is, since the very beginning, we have been very open and available on the web at places like Glocktalk, AR15, AW, etc. I am a guy from the forums that started a businesses. One one hand, this has garnered more 'buzz' and certainly some customers for our website; but on the other hand, alot of that 2% that I memtioned earlier are part of the online community and they say their piece publicly. A growing business will often experience 'growing pains' and be unable to satisfy every single transaction to perfection -- when Lightfigther does it, you are likely to hear about it. Not so much from our competition. I love being part of the net, so I am not complaining, but I think there is more to your statement about only hearing bad things.

8. NineseveN

NineseveN Obscene

Thanks for the heads up and explaining everything, it seemed abnormal to me after everything I heard (which was mostly good). Good luck getting back in the swing of things, and I do appreciate you coming on this thread to explain.

Now get me my damn stuff!!! Just kidding. Hehe.

9. Sin.dc2R

Sin.dc2R In God We Trust

Just wanted to give a compliment to Lightfighter for their effort. I too receieved a backorder email 3 days after my order was placed. After recieving the email, I changed my order to something that I hoped was in stock. The only problem is that they shipped the wrong product. I spoke to (name omitted but starts with and L) and she was courteous and mentioned she was new. Im sending the holster back tomorrow and hopefully I can get everything straightened out. All in all, a long ordeal but such is life. =)

-mike

10. NineseveN

NineseveN Obscene

Update:

Lol, UPS came today to deliver a package from Lightfighter. Unfortunately I was out getting a burger when they came. Looks like they did things as fast as they could. Of course, a tracking number would have been nice but it's a minor thing I suppose. Good thing I am off all this week so I can be here to sign for the package. I'll update again once the goods are received.