close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's the stupidest demonstration of gun-handling you've seen?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Texanmile, May 17, 2011.

1. Texanmile

Texanmile

If you are like me..., you look up reviews of firearms on the internet as well as check them out in the store before you buy. I was watching reviews of Ruger revolvers when I saw this guy... He shows the poorest and most foolish behavior I have EVER seen. :shocked:

Skip to 3:50 in the video to see exactly what I am talking about, and after you think you saw the most unsafe thing ever... it gets even worse. If someone acted this way in front of me... I'd let them know how ignorant they were and leave immediately before someone got killed... he even complains in the comments about getting "unfairly" ejected from shooting ranges for his "normal" behavior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqiMrSb4oCc

2. Texanmile

Texanmile

Before I am "schooled" on revolvers. I am aware that you can let the hammer down if you keep you finger off of the trigger and your thumb on the hammer, but one slip of the thumb for this guys and... dead neighbors...

3. DaveG

DaveG

:wow:

Wow! That is incredibly dangerous. :steamed: What an idiot.... I mean it. And I am normally not a "safety sally".

4. Clint-M

Clint-M

I don't remember what the video was called but there was a Sig review not too long ago where the guy was showing off his night sights by turning the gun around and pointing the muzzle at his head with his thumb in the trigger guard.

Obviously not spinning a loaded revolver or dropping the hammer with his thumb as quick as he could, but still pretty crazy to watch.

CM

5. drew4691

drew4691

The DEA Agent that said "I am the only qualified person in this room to handle this Glock Fo-Dy".....

BOOM

I'm sure we've all seen the video so I'm not going to post the youtube link.. lol.

6. Gunshine

Gunshine

This is very inappropriate gun handling. I use this explanation as I am given to understand that use of more accurate words like moron, idiot, and knucklehead may offend someone. And the administration does not want us to refer to these special people in such a manner.

7. -gunut-

-gunut-

Yeah, that was bad.

One of the worse I have seen is that Gun Blast guy. He constantly cups his hand over the muzzle of loaded firearms and once even saw him work the trigger of a loaded pistol while he was cupping the muzzle with the other hand :faint:

8. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

DEA man. Not only did he shoot himself, he talked about how professional he was right before he did it. And who could forget, he tried to continue with the demonstration AFTER he shot himself.

9. GlockaGlocka

GlockaGlocka

:faint: And then the comments supporting him and complaining about "safety sissys/sallys" Wow. I just 'love' when people like this get to 'represent' responsible gun owners. :steamed:

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

That's a potential Darwin Award candidate

11. DonD

DonD

May not be the prize winner but it was gross. I was in Va Beach, Va many years ago where there were no public outdoor ranges but there was an old large backstop that they used to boresight aircraft cannons. The police wouldn't hassle you if you shot there and behaved yourself.

I was shooting and two guys and one girl came along. The girl knew zip about gun handling and if her buddies did, they certainly didn't correct her. She swept me several times with a loaded high power rifle. I packed up and left. Don

12. McJohnny

McJohnny The dude abides

All I'm going to say is this - that Yankeeprepper video was frightening.

13. hoop

hoop

Gosh that made me nervous just watching him.

My GFs father was in town recently and we went to a couple of different gun stores together when the GF was at work. When he'd pick up a gun to look at his finger would immediately go to the trigger. I did say something, but obviously I had to be tactful about it.

14. Scamp

Scamp Geaux Tigers!

15. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

What is the point of spinning a loaded revolver around like that? What is the point of speed decocking? IMO just a ******bag looking to show off.

16. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe

17. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

This loser proved he was an idiot by suing when the vid got out.

Alex, I'll take "DEA moron" for the win.

18. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

Where is that guy now?

19. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

I read the news brief on the lawsuit two years ago, he said he was medically retired from the DEA for injuries sustained in the line of duty (LOL!) and because video casts him is such a bad light he could not get any work. So he is suing, for I assume, emotional distress.