close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's the story on the O.D. Glocks?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Eddie C., Aug 3, 2004.

1. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

I picked up a G19 in O.D. When I first ordered it I thought they were supposed to be a limited run. Now I understand that they will be a standard issue, at least not nearly as limited as I thought.

I really don't care one way or the other, as I didn't pay a nickel more because it's O.D. I also like the color and it's just different enough to look good.

Is this going to be a standard issue now? Just wanted to know if anyone's heard anything about it.

Thanks, Eddie C.

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

I'd also like to know about this. I noticed the label on the box mine came in was not the usual:

[​IMG]

3. Eddie C.

That's what my label looks like. In fact they must be shipping quickly, the date on my label said 7/20/04 and I picked it up on the 29th at my dealer.

Eddie;f

4. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Eddieeeeeeeeeeee,
    Went back to my dealer; Accusport, the wholesaler, told the dealers it was a limited run. That was the word from Glock. But it was not.
    Several wholesalers went in and re-ordered. Also, a Metalife top is in the stores; same story.

As sales go up, more are produced. Like you, I do not care. The OD just grabbed me. And I had more money than sense as usual.;f

5. Glock30fan

Glock30fan Cmbt Tupperware

At the SHOT show in February I stopped at the Glock booth and talked to a Rep about the O.D. green Glocks. I was told that the Accusport guns were just to start off and that it would be regular production late in the summer. I asked the Rep if any other models (outside of the Accusport run) would be produced. He said the O.D. green gun lineup would be greatly expanded. I still got my O.D. G-17 last month in case Glock decides not to follow through. The Accusport guns have not exactly been flying off of the shelves in my area. I kind of thought that Glock might just be testing the waters with the Accusport guns and make a decision on future guns based on their sales.

6. Eddie C.

Hi sweetie. I followed the same path you did, the one marked "More money than sense". I sold like 4 Glocks last year to pick up more desirable firearms, like a Browning HP, Sig P210, and Freedom Arms Model 83 SA.

Upon reflection, I figured I should have at least one in my collection.;)

Accusport, that was it, thanks Kath! My dealer told me it was limited but wouldn't charge me a premium. He called me back a couple of days later and gave me the news that a few suppliers were getting the O.D. Glocks and they weren't going to be that rare. I said I didn't care.

Glock30fan, I think you might be right!;)

7. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Eddie,
    BTW, the OD G19 is the one that shoots tighter groups than my newest Sig 228. I posted about that in the other Niner Club?!;P
    Silly me.;f

8. LSP972

LSP972

{...the OD G19 is the one that shoots tighter groups...}

Mine is unusually accurate as well. I fired a 1.6" group from the 25 yard barricade position Saturday that surprised me, to say the least. The next one was just under two inches, as well. Best I've ever seen from ANY Glock at that distance, to include a G34 we had for T&E, was 2.5".

I saw in another thread where somebody opined that the OD green frame was the reason for this increased accuracy. I have a bit of difficulty swallowing that, but I'll listen...

You know anything about this?