GlockTalk Forum banner

Whats the most you will pay for a case of brass cased FMJ 9mm?

• What ever it takes

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • $600

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • $500

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • $400

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • $300

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • $270

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • $240

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • $220

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • $200

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • $170

Votes: 14 13.2%
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Fiocchi brass case 9mm 1000 rounds for $199.60 locally.

Tula steel case 9mm 1000 rounds for $155.20 locally.

I voted $220 but who knows where 2021 will take us. I got those deals when Walmart decided to stop selling handgun ammunition.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
it's been .60 to .80cpr here in commiefornia...not including background check fees and day-long lines at ffl....that is if you can find any ammo left.
Turners had a decent sale before the law took effect and of course Walmart had their close out. I had a premonition so I got well stock on reloading supplies too :fred:

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
Right now I am loading it myself for $5.50 (about 11 cents/rd).

Prior to the ammo shortage I happily paid $8.50 per box (17 cents/rd shipped) for Blazer or Federal Champion aluminum case 124g, and I spent my time reloading calibers that had a much higher savings rate compared to buying factory ammo. Mainly .38spl and .45 auto, and .30-06 for the M1 Garand.

These days my limiting factor is primers. I have enough powder to load 40k rounds. I only have about 12k primers on hand.

I have lived through times where ammo was expensive before. It really sucks the fun out of shooting to be chucking four quarters out of the barrel with every shot.

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
I paid $165 delivered my last case of 124 gr FMJ from SGAMMO.com, I dunno when that was in 2019, but I remember the cost to my door.
If I found 1000 rds of WOLF 9mm for $155 delivered I’d jump all over it.
Please tell Commander where your finding it.

·
Wut?
2,420 Posts
The 4 of you that vote $600 or whatever it takes will be happy to know sgammo has S&B available at the low, low price of $579/case:)
I just paid $595 for a case of WWB 115gr. It's on its way and should be here on Friday. I've been shooting mostly .380 for the past several months, so I neglected my 9mm stash while the prices were low. Now I'm starting to shoot it again (and taking classes), and I've only got about 1600 rounds of range ammo. I don't think prices will be coming back to pre-Covid levels any time soon, so I bought it. The price doesn't thrill me, but fortunately I can afford it.

·
Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.
1,837 Posts
$200, I’m not paying today’s crazy asking prices that’s for damn sure. I don’t compete, I shoot for the fun, shooting isn’t a necessity for me. So if prices don’t ever return to normal for whatever reason I’ll just move on to other hobbies.
For now I’ll ration what practice 9mm I have till it runs out and sit on my SHTF ammunition for the rest of my life if I have too as again, not shooting and replacing it at current prices.
I’ll continue to buy a box of SD ammo here and there but until the low supply high demand dies, if it ever does. I’ll happily shoot 22lr on the backyard steel range and call it good.

·
Registered
35,146 Posts
I just paid $595 for a case of WWB 115gr. It's on its way and should be here on Friday. I've been shooting mostly .380 for the past several months, so I neglected my 9mm stash while the prices were low. Now I'm starting to shoot it again (and taking classes), and I've only got about 1600 rounds of range ammo. I don't think prices will be coming back to pre-Covid levels any time soon, so I bought it. The price doesn't thrill me, but fortunately I can afford it.
Ouch, 60c per round. Hurts me just thinking about throwing 1/2 dollars down range. Bad enough throwing dimes.:help:

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
I am guessing. I reload and have not bought ammo for a long time.

Well I buy 22LR and 7.62x39. But I have already stocked up with those.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
3-4 years ago, ammo was hard to come by and I bought a few cases for about $360 each, delivered. I was able to sell one before prices fell and still had one left.
I knew my son was going to buy a 9mm for his wife. He has a G22 and she had fired that a few times. So I held what 9mm I had for him and just sent him a 1000-rd case of Blazer Brass FMJ with 10 boxes of PNW Tac Ops 115-gr Solid Copper HP substituted for 4 boxes of the FMJ. It all fit in the original factory case and I resealed it and had UPS pick it up at my residence... just 2 days to Springfield, MO! I charged him $500 which was at or below my total cost, and certainly a deal for the ammo involved. I sure don't regret having "excess" inventory in ammo and mags.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts