GlockTalk Forum banner

Whats the most you will pay for a case of brass cased FMJ 9mm?

• What ever it takes

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • $600

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • $500

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • $400

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • $300

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • $270

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • $240

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • $220

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • $200

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • $170

Votes: 14 13.2%
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
35,141 Posts
It is not going to disappear based on a democratic president. We have a pro president and pro commerce president, everyone had plenty and you couldn’t sell an Ar they were so cheap. Ammo will catch up, who knows if it will be cheap as before, but even Dems like money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not as much as they like power & screwing with gun owners gives them the feeling of power. One cant serve two masters. No such thing as a democrat gun owner, just a confused gun owner or confused democrat. Pick a side.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Well if Biden wins it will not matter how much you will pay as there will not be any around after the 20th of Jan.

Reactions: fredj338

·
Registered
97 Posts
270 and that’s for Winchester nato 1000 rounds in a can I reserved waiting still for delivery
Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk
Probably the same thing I bought. Just got notice last week that delivery that was supposed to be11/8/20 was pushed back to end of January 2021.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
As we are loading now on the high side $2.50 a box not much more, no shortages here for me at all we stocked op in Jan-Feb when the writing was on the wall to say. My shooting friend said he may sell some ammo and primers to buy a new Wilson 1911.

·
Supreme Member
3,684 Posts
I don't need any 9mm ammo at the moment. I have an ample supply, enough to last me several years at my currant rate of consumption. So right now, I'm not willing to pay the inflated prices we're seeing.

But if prices are still crazy several years from now when I start running out of ammo, I suppose I'd pay whatever it takes to buy more.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I think a good question would be, what would you pay for a case of 9mm brass FMJ right now under current conditions if you did not have any?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The 4 of you that vote $600 or whatever it takes will be happy to know sgammo has S&B available at the low, low price of $579/case:)

Still way above my price point but it is encouraging to see something in stock. Bet it disappears quickly though.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I've never paid more than .18, and won't any time soon. I may have to in a couple years. I buy when it's on sale, not when it's up.

·
17,619 Posts
About the same as I’d pay for an equal amount of .22lr. They both serve the same purpose for me... plinking.
That's why I bought a KKM 40-to-9 conversion barrel for my G23, for being able to use the cheap 9mm plinking ammo to help maintain familiarity with my carry gun and work on my marksmanship skills. But now that 9mm ammo isn't so cheap anymore.

I don't remember what I paid for a case of WOLF steel cased ammo in the spam cans but it was somewhere around a hundred bucks 3-4 years ago.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
That's why I bought a KKM 40-to-9 conversion barrel for my G23, for being able to use the cheap 9mm plinking ammo to help maintain familiarity with my carry gun and work on my marksmanship skills. But now that 9mm ammo isn't so cheap anymore.

I don't remember what I paid for a case of WOLF steel cased ammo in the spam cans but it was somewhere around a hundred bucks 3-4 years ago.
Didn’t ya just love sgammo Wolf 9mm for 135/case. I reload and I bought cause it was cheap and I could shoot it and leave the cases

·
Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.
1,837 Posts
Didn’t ya just love sgammo Wolf 9mm for 135/case. I reload and I bought cause it was cheap and I could shoot it and leave the cases

Heck yes!! Missing that deal big time right now.
My CZ75’s and Scorpion absolutely loved that wolf steel ammo.

·
286 Posts
LGS/R has 200 packs for $80 they usually don't increase prices but now they have. Plus limit 1.

Hard pass for me.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
Like the title says, whats the most you will pay for a case of brass cased, FMJ 9mm range ammo? Assume this does not include shipping. If I didn't include your particular price point round up, I maxed out the number of poll choices.

I prefer 147 grain ammo since it knocks down stubborn steel plates a bit better and the truncated cone bullet makes a cleaner hole in paper targets. Not much of a difference but I was willing to pay $190/case for Speer 147 Lawman in 2019 when Blazer brass 115 was going for $170/case. Right now I would pay $270 but would only buy one case instead of stocking up. Its going to have to get down to $220 or less before I think about doing anything except replacing what I am shooting at the range.

Current prices are not the new normal and they will come down regardless of who wins the election. They did under Obama and they will if Biden wins. A Trump loss will make things worse for a while but this too shall pass.

Under what circumstances Trump wins or Biden wins? If Biden wins price becomes secondary it will not be long before ammo will be rationed and taxed even more. Then you may be able to buy only approved calibers or types the libs are big on "target calibers", think .22 LR.

·
Registered
35,141 Posts
I've never paid more than .18, and won't any time soon. I may have to in a couple years. I buy when it's on sale, not when it's up.
I once said I would never pay more than $1/gal of gas too. Times do change.

Reactions: -JCN-

·
Registered
88 Posts
Like the title says, whats the most you will pay for a case of brass cased, FMJ 9mm range ammo? Assume this does not include shipping. If I didn't include your particular price point round up, I maxed out the number of poll choices.

I prefer 147 grain ammo since it knocks down stubborn steel plates a bit better and the truncated cone bullet makes a cleaner hole in paper targets. Not much of a difference but I was willing to pay $190/case for Speer 147 Lawman in 2019 when Blazer brass 115 was going for $170/case. Right now I would pay $270 but would only buy one case instead of stocking up. Its going to have to get down to $220 or less before I think about doing anything except replacing what I am shooting at the range.

Current prices are not the new normal and they will come down regardless of who wins the election. They did under Obama and they will if Biden wins. A Trump loss will make things worse for a while but this too shall pass.
I think things will be far worse, the Leftist swine are going to be after our guns far more so than that idiot Ossama, oops I meant Obama. I am 74 and not going to give up any of mine. Better dead than RED!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
So glad we saw all this in February coming and prepared for it, with today's state of affairs if it gets better it will be a very long time coming. Ammo is there if you wish to pay for it.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts