GlockTalk Forum banner

Whats the most you will pay for a case of brass cased FMJ 9mm?

• What ever it takes

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • $600

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • $500

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • $400

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • $300

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • $270

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • $240

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • $220

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • $200

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • $170

Votes: 14 13.2%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the title says, whats the most you will pay for a case of brass cased, FMJ 9mm range ammo? Assume this does not include shipping. If I didn't include your particular price point round up, I maxed out the number of poll choices.

I prefer 147 grain ammo since it knocks down stubborn steel plates a bit better and the truncated cone bullet makes a cleaner hole in paper targets. Not much of a difference but I was willing to pay $190/case for Speer 147 Lawman in 2019 when Blazer brass 115 was going for $170/case. Right now I would pay $270 but would only buy one case instead of stocking up. Its going to have to get down to $220 or less before I think about doing anything except replacing what I am shooting at the range.

Current prices are not the new normal and they will come down regardless of who wins the election. They did under Obama and they will if Biden wins. A Trump loss will make things worse for a while but this too shall pass.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
If I weren't buying it to flip, I'd really only be interested in it for the brass cases. So, I would only be willing to pay very, very little for it, and we all know that ain't going to happen. Fifty bucks would probably be as high as I'd be willing to pay since I can make it so cheaply.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Kind of tough to say. I have plenty so wouldn't pay anything right now.

But if you were talking about a situation where I didn't own any ammo at all and that's all that was available... then whatever it takes.

·
NRA Life Member
63,394 Posts
I have a few unopened cases, so the most I might pay is whatever it was going for back in 2019.

·
Registered
34,808 Posts
I rarely buy practice ammo. Last i bought was $12 per box to my house. Reloading is where its at for practice ammo, any caliber.

Reactions: Mugsie1

·
Registered
34,808 Posts
I've never paid over $10/box and don't plan to. I can shoot for a few years on my stock. When all the idiot panic buyers are broke or have their fill, prices will drop and I'll buy more.
Or things will get politically worse & the new normal will be $500 a case. It remains to be seen. The left has finally figured out a way around the 2A, ammo. No 2A restrictions on regulating or taxing ammo. If they wanted, they could drive the gun companies out of business in one Congressional vote. Ban interstate ammo shipping & regulate how much can be bought monthly, 500% tax would not be out of line for them either. Imagine how many would not buy a $500 Glock if the ammo were $1200 a case. It is in the process in Kalif right now.

·
Federal Member
29,221 Posts
Before all the Covid crap, I was getting 1000rds of Winchester 124 Nato for around $200ish off of Gunbroker. Glad I bought many cases of it before the prices spiked!!!

I am not a seller.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Last two cases I bought were $239 then $249.

But I'm paying 38¢ a piece one box of 50 at a time now.

·
Registered
30,843 Posts
I've never paid over $10/box and don't plan to. I can shoot for a few years on my stock. When all the idiot panic buyers are broke or have their fill, prices will drop and I'll buy more.
Agree. $10 is about my max limit for 9mm brass cased. We really got spoiled by the low prices of the last few years.

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
A local dealer here is getting ammo in fairly small allotments, in Fiocchi, Winchester and PMC. I'm getting .380 for $17 and .45 for $20, in boxes of 50 rounds. I just bought enough to replenish my stock from my last range trip. I haven't bought any, but 9 mm it's going for $13.

·
Venor ergo sum
3,297 Posts
I’ve still got a good bit to get through this latest shortage. Once it breaks, if I can’t get a thousand rounds for about $220 or so I’ll start reloading 9mm, in addition to the other calibers I already load.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,113 Posts
I’ve still got a good bit to get through this latest shortage. Once it breaks, if I can’t get a thousand rounds for about $220 or so I’ll start reloading 9mm, in addition to the other calibers I already load.
The current shortage will only get worse if Biden wins the upcoming election.

Some of us on this forum need to think about that on Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The current shortage will only get worse if Biden wins the upcoming election.

Some of us on this forum need to think about that on Tuesday.
It is not going to disappear based on a democratic president. We have a pro president and pro commerce president, everyone had plenty and you couldn’t sell an Ar they were so cheap. Ammo will catch up, who knows if it will be cheap as before, but even Dems like money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Free Full Clip!
17,113 Posts
It is not going to disappear based on a democratic president. We have a pro president and pro commerce president, everyone had plenty and you couldn’t sell an Ar they were so cheap. Ammo will catch up, who knows if it will be cheap as before, but even Dems like money.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not going to completely disappear but the current shortage isn't going to end either, and as long as the demand increases, so will the prices.

And yes, even Dems like to make money, and that's why they'll tax the **** out of it.

·
Gunslinger
1,626 Posts
About the same as I’d pay for an equal amount of .22lr. They both serve the same purpose for me... plinking.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
it's been .60 to .80cpr here in commiefornia...not including background check fees and day-long lines at ffl....that is if you can find any ammo left.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts