Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the most accurate Glock in .45 acp? I need something that can compete with revolvers in a club pin shoot. Its a timed event were you have to not only hit the bowling pin but knock it clear off the 4 ft wide table.

I have a G36 and love it for the carry gun that it is, but its out of its element in this case. I have heard people claim that the G30 is the most accurate Glock. What about the G21 it seems the longer barrel would help accuracy but I don't know.

Remember this is going to be a pin shoot gun only. Size, weight, concealability, and capacity mean nothing. I need to clear six pins in less than six seconds I need some opinions, thanks.

·
20,420 Posts
G21, G30, G36 pistol accuracy is about the same, with the edge going to the G30. It's shooter accuracy that counts in pins.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would say I am just as accurate if not more with the G30 as with the 21, but you can't go wrong with either. True, the G36 doesn't quite have the accuracy of the 21 or 30 for whatever reasons. It's close though

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
If the 21 fits in your hand better than the shorter grip of the 30, then go with the 21.
It is simply what feels better to the person shooting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need the +0 on my G36 to fit my hand, would probably have to do the same with the 30. never held a 21 yet, thats next. Although the G30 seems to be the gun people shoot the best with.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just called my gun shop, and they have a G30 in stock I told him put it somewere safe its sold. Thanks for the advice, your all a bad influence.:supergrin:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Nice thing about the G30 is it will fit in the compact box for your bowling pin shoot. At our club we shoot 4 events...22, centerfire, semi-auto and a specialty shoot (bowling pin tops, single action, compacts, etc..etc..)

My favorite event!

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
:) Well, this answer should cornfuse you!

The G-30 is the more accurate pistol. This is primarily due to its barrel lockup. However, the G-21 is easier to hit with. This is due to it's longer sight radius, heavier weight, better grip, and balance.

If I were in your situation I would use a G-21 with a Wolff steel guide rod and T. R. Graham match grade barrel lock. A G-21 that has been setup this way will shoot straighter and faster than you do. (Maybe Big Dot sights, too.) ;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have to think for pin shooting you really want the 21. You've already got a CC glock in that 36 so get the big boy for clearing pins.

I've got a 21sf and for fast draw from the holster and quick accurate shots I'm clearly better with it than my 30sf. Granted you can practice your way to perfection with either, but the full size grip on the 21sf (or 21) really soaks up the recoil and the extra sight radius does have some speed shooting advantages. I have a LW barrel for the 21sf and shoot my lead reloads mostly in competition -it would be the perfect pin shooting glock IMO.

BTW, I've shot both my 21sf and 30sf off sandbags at 25 yards many times in one shooting session and can't really delare one more accurate than the other. The differences are just in my handling abilities with each gun.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Change of plans, I went with the 21C. I'm all over the place. thanks for all the input!

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
Change of plans, I went with the 21C. I'm all over the place. thanks for all the input!
:alex: Yipes! Don't do that!

Go with a standard slide configuration. I'm not going to make any new friends by saying this; but, slide porting is a very poor choice for Glock to have made.

You're going to lose your front sight to soot much faster, and your muzzle energy/velocity will drop by as much as 4 or 5 percent. Yes, slide porting does work to produce a softer, more readily controllable recoil impulse; however, a muzzle ported barrel works as well (or almost as well) as slide porting, and without any of the inherent problems.

You'll be troubled by less residual powder, 'blow back'; less flash; (Yeah, you'll get some because a lot depends on the powder you're using.) and you'll be able to keep your front sight cleaner for longer.

Look at this -

It's a picture of my muzzle after firing 100 rounds of filthy dirty WWB! See the front sight? Clean, isn't it! I've used ported pistol barrels for more than 30 years; I think it's safe to say that I understand them. Believe me, slide porting is a PITA. If you haven't already bought that pistol, then, don't! ;)

·
Big Daddy
129 Posts
G30 without question, and glad i could be a bad influence lol :rofl:

·
Just sayin'
4,641 Posts
If you more into competition shooting, I would not buy a compensated Glock. Stick with your first choice, the Glock 30, and you will be happy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys are killing me! I bought the 21c and the G30. I will figure out how to pay for them later! I can always go with an after market barrel on the 21c if soot becomes an issue with the front sight. I only need to hit six pins I hope the front sight doesnt get fubar that quickly, if it does I can always draw my G30 to finish off.

I am heading to the range later today can't wait to get some rounds down range. I am not bringing any targets as I will be shooting at my check book!

Thanks for all the replies with a little trigger time I hope to beat the hardcore revolver guys at the pin shoots with one or both of my glocks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts