Whats the lowest $ you have seen used Glock 19's for?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CBennett, Apr 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CBennett

CBennett

To make a bit longer story short. I was a Glock fan since the late 1980's. but never had enough $$ for a new glock..so a few years back I got a used Glock 23 and grew over the next couple years to find i HATE Glock grips..o I traded the Glock off for a Ruger SR9c which is a VAST upgrade for me.

Now to the Glock part..Ive been thinking(and even thought with the Glock 23) that i loved the Glock itself but hated the grips...I was thinking of trying to find a used but serviceable glock 19 at the best (aka cheapest) price i could get it at with the sole purpose of getting it to get a grip job done on it to see if it would fit my hand any better after the grip job(I was not willing to ruin my decent Glock 23 2nd gen to do this as I was NOT sure it would even work for me then id have devalued the value of the gun to boot) thats why im looking to see where and how cheap you can get a Glock 19 now...dont care what Gen it is and I expect it to have quite a bit of wear also...it just needs to run 100% mechanically...I wont feel as bad getting a grip job done on a inexpensive gun thats semi beaten anyways as I would be doing it on a more expensive one...

so what kind of $$ am I looking at for a well worn(cosmetic wise) Glock 19 but thats 100% mechanically.

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

lowest is $400 in private sales around here, and then they don't last long. I would want a Gen2 or Gen4 if I were to get one. $450-$550 will make them sit a few extra hours.

3. Eagle1

Eagle1 Oh glockaholic!

lowest I paid was $300.00 from a private owner. Some people just need cash sometimes and if you are in the right place at the right time, you score!

4. gdiddy

gdiddy

Since you admittedly have no idea if the glock grip modifications will work for you, why go to the expense of this experiment. If you are as pleased with your SR9c as you say, just stay with it or even get another. I also own a SR9c as well and I agree that it really does fit the hand well plus the trigger is glass smooth. What's not to love?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  5. scattershot

scattershot

Can't say I've gotten a bargain on a 19, but I just picked up a Gen 2 17 for $339.00, and thought that was pretty good.

6. itstime

itstime

Don't see any 19's lower than low to mid 4's around me.

7. High Altitude

High Altitude

Was this at GMG? I saw it there but passed.

You got a great deal.

8. Hdoc

Hdoc

New Blue box G19 Gen4 LEO price is $399.

9. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I'd go see how a Gen4 G19 fits your hand.
    You might find one of those used, won't have to pay for a grip reduction.

10. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

I sold a near perfect Glock 19 for $400 4 years ago, needed the money. I wouldn't count on finding anyone in that situation. The lowest I've ever seen a Glock 19 selling for was $395 years ago, and they went FAST.

11. scattershot

scattershot

That's the one. I just couldn't leave it, it looked so lonely in that case.

12. tango44

tango44

Keep it simplo bro, you don't like Glock grips, but you own a G23?
    Get the G19 and do a grip reduction?
    You should try some else before spending your money.
    besides whats wrong with th G23?

13. Glock40man

Glock40man

I haven't really seen them go for less than $400 around me.

14. voyager4520

voyager4520

$450 in a gun store, it's the only used G19 I've ever seen, it was a Gen2 with proof marks and an aftermarket slide lock. Used Glocks are pretty rare around here, if they're in decent condition they usually sell pretty quickly which makes them hard to find.

15. JadeRaven

JadeRaven

$350 to $400, tend to be well-worn, police trade-ins, lacking accessories and box, etc.

IMO they don't tend to be worth the price.

16. Road Dog

Road Dog Senior Member Millennium Member

$325 for an essentially brand new G23. That was probably five years ago.

17. CBennett

CBennett

Ty guys I was just debating this and wanted to see what they were going for on the well used but still 100%functioning market. I was just thinking about having a 'backup" gun around or what ever or even one for someone to borrow when we go to the range...I only have 1 9mm CC gun now days.

18. Wolf Spyder

Wolf Spyder Gun Activist

I have seen well used police trades sell for $250.oo and slightly used police trades for as low as $350.oo but more often then not $400.oo is a good price for a used Glock. I paid $450.oo for a "dam-near-brand-new" Glock 20. The 1st owner shot a few boxes of target loads through it and then turned around and sold it back to the gun shop. I was in the right place at the right time and pick it moments later.

19. MonsterB

MonsterB

Not sure if I have ever once seen a used g19 in southern nh, ever. Gun shops, shows, etc, I have seen everything but a 19. 23's are everywhere, so are 30's, 36's, 26's, 27's, and even some 34's. You could find any one of those in 10 minutes, but good luck finding a used 19. I frequent a shop in Hookset that has a case full of used Glocks and I cant remember ever seeing a used 19 in there. I guess thats saying something about 19's.
    If you hate the grip that much I would stick with what you like. No sense destroying the gun in the hope it fits you better. I think if you shot the 19 enough and got used to it, you may actually like it quite a bit. Glocks are different, and take some getting used to, but once you get in sync with them, they are very hard to beat.

20. alabaster

alabaster Swollen Member

I personally haven't seen one for under $300. I think I usually see 'em OLD for $339 on up to $500 for a "used one" someone had won and not shot. If they were lying it only had 5rds or so through it. It still had copper grease and what not. It was perfectly clean internally and all the books and accessories were with it. Similar to the 26 I bought, just a little more $.