close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's the deal with tacticool?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by USMCgs3, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

This is all Costa backlash! Everyone stopped asking what pants he wore and now people have to have something to fuss bout on line.

2. Raleigh Glocker

Raleigh Glocker

But pants with 8 pockets are so practical, you can take your whole loadout in them to Walmart. Plus, they really take a beating. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQXWQsrSOR0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQXWQsrSOR0[/ame]

3. as400guy1

as400guy1

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  4. oldman11

oldman11

Now we got somebody griping about men wearing boots? If it really bothers you that much then y'all got a problem.

5. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

You should hear the howls when someone posts something as simple as toe shoes!

6. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Kind of like tattoos, jacked up diesel pick up trucks, tap-out shirts, Harley Motorcycles, and Sports jerseys? :whistling:

To me, they are all in the same crowd. (And not very intimidating either.) :rofl:

7. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I'm convinced that most (not all) men these days don't know how to be a man. They pretend to be a man in doing things they consider manly but fall short.

I like real men. Not boys pretending to be grown up that have yet to grow up.

8. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

I know some people that wear that stuff because their work requires that kind of dress and they just happen to have a lot of 5.11 pants. nothing wrong with that. The ones I get a kick out of are the poser operators that the OP is talking about. The kind of guy that spends more time watching nutnfancy videos and being a sheep dog. Orders tons of expensive crap that he doesn't really use as its designed.

It is very similar to the frat types that are decked out in patagonia, mountain hardwear and TNF but have never been camping and wouldnt know what a trail looks like but they have a 300 pair of Asolo hiking boots. Or back in middle school when you had kids that would dress and act like skaters but never even owned a skateboard. Some people will do anything to fit in with a certain crowd.

9. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

double post

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  10. as400guy1

as400guy1

Your response seems a bit harsh..
    I believe that was the first time I've used that word on this forum.

11. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Everything "new" has a backlash for a while. The naysayers will quietly accept it later and move on. I see it in just about every hobby I've participated in.... whether it works or not, there will ALWAYS be haters.

12. rhino673

rhino673

My idea of every day "tactical" wear is Carhartt work pants and a t-shirt with a button up shirt or some other loose fitting shirt to cover my EDC. The pants have handy pockets on the side for your phone and extra magazine on the other and they last forever. That's about as tactical as I get. To each his own though.

13. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

Good one.

NN

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

Or they are coming from or going to work. A lot of people who work with their hands use a fixed-blade knife.

15. W Turner

W Turner

I regularly wear 5.11 pants because they are available in my size, comfortable, have plenty of pockets for all my crap (cell phone, wallet, pocket knife, a small notebook and pen, jframe and speed strip, keys) plus they are reasonably priced and durable.

I wear a Wilderness belt because they are reasonably priced, durable, available in my size, and look neat enough to suit me.

I wear a pair of Bates desert tan boots because they come in my size (15) are durable, comfortable, and best of all I paid $30 for them when I got em on clearance($115 original price).

Notice the "in my size" thread common to all three. I'm 6'8"/350 so anything I can find in my size that's durable, reasonably priced, comfortable, and looks neat gets bought and worn. I'm not a poser, I just like practical clothing.

16. BEER

BEER bad example

holy crap this thread just sparked a god awful childhood memory. anybody else remember how right after the original karate kid came out there was a rash of people wearing sleeveless martial arts ghis, or whatever those karate shirts are called?

or better yet, guys wearing jeans and a t-shirt with their karate belts. nothing screams badassery like a 85 pound stick figure in stonewashed denim from head to toe with a yellow bathrobe belt tied around his waist while he stands in line at the theater. lol

17. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I'd rather see 1000 "tacticool", fixed blade carrying grampas walk around wally's world, than some punk with his undies hanging out. :upeyes:

18. USMCgs3

USMCgs3

I never said anything about them being tools, that's why I said that. I'm not a harsh kinda guy lol.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

19. as400guy1

as400guy1

No, ya called ME a "tool"....

20. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

I think it's love...