What's the best model for personal use?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Krymson, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Krymson

Krymson

I'm researching glock models but I would really like another persons POV. I need ideas for my own personal use and for my book. Can some one help me?
    Thanks
    Krymson

2. bachchoy

bachchoy Bond

3. Krymson

Krymson

From what i researched, i was thinking the G26. I would appreciate al the input you can give me. As I said it for my and for my book.
    Thanks so much;f

4. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

I think I like the 27 a little better than the 26, but ammo's certainly cheaper for the 26. I'm not well versed in all the gun lingo, but the 27 feels more mellow to me. The 26 has a sharper recoil and I get worn out pretty fast shooting it.

At less than ~15 yards, I'm just as accurate with the 26 as I am with the 17, but there's a fair amount of difference past 25 yards. Planning on booking it if I have >25 yards, though ;)

Hand size is pretty important, though. Make sure it fits, or you'll hate it. Caliber is less important than accuracy, so go with the largest you can hit reliably. Also, a gun you won't carry doesn't do you any good. My regular carry is the Kel-Tec P32. Save the Glocks for when I'm wearing jeans.

Laura

5. alfred guard

alfred guard

;a ;a If I were you and where you live, I would get a glock 27, and Cor Bon ammo. my 2 cents have a safe one

6. Alice

Alice

What's personal use? and what is "for the book"? I have a Glock 26 and a Kel-tec P32 (among others, but these two are my main carry guns) - the Glock is for accuracy and the Kel-tec is for backup or when the Glock is too big to conceal, depending on the situation and attire. I recommend both unless you are planning on staving off Kodiaks.

7. CarloPonti

CarloPonti Deceased

I was thinking that the best model maybe Natalia or Jessica Miller. I think they both know martial arts. I'd love to have them protecting me!!

carloponti;f ;f ;f

8. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

From the posts we've been seeing on the 10Ring, the 10mm AUTO appears to be gaining in popularity in Alaska, as chambered in the G20 (fullsize) and G29 (compact). The major caveat is: IF the grip of these large-frame pistols fits your hand.

If you can't find a 20 or 29 to handle and test, the G21 and G30 are, respectively, virtually identical in size, but chambered in 45acp.

9. Gary F

Gary F

ok, ok, .... so her name is probably spelled wrong & it was the only model's name i could think of ...
    nonetheless ... ;f
    gary

10. Lew-G17

Lew-G17

Depending on the size of your hands, you may find something made by Kahr Arms more suitable for you. I have a K9 which is a 9mm version, but they also make a .40 model K40. All of their guns that I have shot are very dependable, easy to conceal, and fit smaller hands very well. BTW, nothing wrong with the Glocks, I own Glocks too.

11. reinbeau

reinbeau

I've got a Glock model 23, and it fits my hand all right, but I think it's too big for me to carry on a regular basis, light as it may be. I'm after a Seecamp (MA victim here), but my husband is having me look at a Bersa Thunder .380. While I'm at it I'll check out the Kahrs. My main objective is concealment, and stopping power.