Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are good products out there but I have read a lot of good stuff about Storm Lake and KKM.

ALso, another thread somewhere said you have to choose aftermarket barrels carefully to get the really right fit for optimal performance and ware.

Thoughts?

P

When I say "best" I mean which one did you notice the biggest improvements with.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I know there are good products out there but I have read a lot of good stuff about Storm Lake and KKM.

ALso, another thread somewhere said you have to choose aftermarket barrels carefully to get the really right fit for optimal performance and ware.

Thoughts?

P

When I say "best" I mean which one did you notice the biggest improvements with.
I tried both, prefer the storm lake.
Get the black for the original look.

·
Registered
13,674 Posts
KKM and BarSto

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I've had both. They're pricey, but damn good quality bbls. The Bar-Sto might need fitting by a gunsmith. The KKM does not require any fitting.

I have a KKM currently in my G21SF. Outstanding barrel so far. Accurate, reliable, and you can tell its quality just be looking at it. If you're going to shoot hot stuff, get the KKM. I have used it for .45 Super; it's just the ticket. Just remember, if you buy a Bar-Sto, you may have to get it fitted. Price for stock Bar-Sto: $215 (+ship). Price for KKM: $165 (+ship).

Good luck,
AK

·
JABRONI AUTIST
7,679 Posts
With needing fitting, I'd opt for KKM. I had a BarSto some years back for the 23 but it needed fitting. It was accurate though, but KKM makes a quality product that's is very accurate as well.

And for what it's worth, unless you plan on shooting some REALLY hot loads out of it, your stock barrel will work well. My Gen4 20 stock barrel has eaten some really hot loads and it does just fine.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Welcome to GT!

I'm running a KKM stock-length barrel in my G20SF, and I really appreciate the tighter chamber, since I load my own ammo.

If you do go that route, call Kevin to see if the half moon cutout for the RSA has been modified for the Gen4 assembly. It will still work whether or not it has been modified, but it is certainly more comforting to know that when you place the RSA in there, that it fits flush.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Five Storm Lake barrels.
All drop in.
My G27-357 is extended, dual ported and black Isonite QPQ on stainless.
The porting is very effective with the high velocity 357 Sig.
I would think 10mm porting would be effective too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts