close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats Parts are you pro-actively replacing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by FESTUS, Sep 8, 2002.

1. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Well time for some more mentoring....I think I am getting closer to eliminating mistakes but the last two matches I have had less than stellar performances....I have begun to experience broken parts...since I am now reloading I cannot receive that reshoot...My experinece is not from misuse nor reloading too Hot( moving a 180 Gr fp in a .40 at about 775 fps..But I have put around 18,000 rounds through my 22...I have replaced all my magazine springs with wolf + 10% ....but what is your maintenance schedule that you follow and what components....I have bought a 22 kit from Glockmeister and have started replacing parts....but I would like your input of your experience. ;f

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dennis,

The only parts I have replaced are my sights. All my stock Glock's have their original stock parts except for the connectors. If you have a non-ammo related pistol failure, you should get a re-shoot.

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Danny well I'll be...I had a broken locking block pin at Indy and what really hurt me at St.Paul was a broken slide stop lever....I had to use my other 22 which had different sights etc. well you know the rest of the story...anyway Hallsville is 2 weeks away I am ready..sorry you had one of those days at Statesville ;Q

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Except for the Unlimited which gets parts changed just because, I don't change anything until it breaks. I have replaced a trigger spring, an extractor (my fault), and a firing pin. The firing pin still worked, it was just doing a job on the Federal primers. These are all on my 23 which had about 20,000 rounds on it last year and another 10,000 before that. I bought it in late 95 early 96. I haven't changed a mag spring on any of the 40 or so magazines I have. Maybe I'm just lucky. ;f

5. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I would not call a second Amateur Civilian win luck...Congrats, I also noticed you have ample room for an improved score on the plates...I think 60's or bust is a reality....Good Luck at Conyers;f

6. Fireglock

Thanks Festus, the plates are my current mission in life! :)

7. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

If it is anything other than a UL gun, leave it alone and use the money for practice. I can assure you that this thinking works. ;)

8. Fireglock

It did for you! :)

9. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I agree, just a little Gun Shy after seeing my personal best go up in smoke after 2 matches with unexpected events.I am anxious to prove to myself that I can also improve with patience and practice...I am ready for the harvest.;f

10. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

Hey Festus,

....just because your new hip works better than the old one, doesn't mean you should apply the same methodollogy to your Glocks.

How have you been doing?

.....it has been my experience, that every so often, I get to a point in my shooting where I start to struggle. I push myself to get better and in doing so, I make mistakes. The real key to getting better, after that happens, is writting down what you did right and not so right, then what your going to do next time to get better...and practice those things.

..at Statesville, I caught myself looking at the "next" plate, before I had released the shot for the one I wanted to hit..I missed. I did the same thing on several of my long shots in "glock'm"..those two shots didn't go where I wanted them to....solution? Don't transition to the next target till the front sight raises from the shot being released; sight goes up, I transition my eyes to the next target, shortly followed by my pistol sights coming into view, front sight, pressure, sight goes up..etc.

..anyways, that's what I do...(or should do - Ha!)

Jay

11. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Hey Jay...thanks for the tip I see you have met Fireglock, lets' say on My Glocks I have just replaced was has broke... as Danny R had stated I should have asked for a reshoot at St.Paul..thats in the past and am looking forward to Hallsville. In practice I have done better and would like to validate such at a match...so-oo its' time to walk the walk and forget the talk.....my best score last year was a 138.11 and my goal for this year is a 120.0 but no dice so far. The Bomars have helped immensely and am anxious to use them in their totality at a match without a breakdown. ;f

12. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Hey Jay by the way...Congrats on Statesville, and GoodLuck at Conyers I saw your scores and see that your going to Conyers;f

13. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

...I had a good time at Statesville, and am looking forward just to seeing GA again. It's been a couple years.

Still gotta head north and do a link-up w/you at a GSSF match.

Jay

14. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Well the next match that I will be at will be Lexington on November 2...from previous threads alot of Team SIDEARMOR will be there I intend to start relaxing a little via the matches...I will be auditing a supplier that Friday afetrnoon about 80 miles north of Lexington, and have a room already reserved in Nicholasville(KY.) (about 8 miles from the match site) for Friday and Saturday evening....I intend to meet alot of the regulars on Glock Talk...if you can make it we will try to hook up;f

15. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

...If I'm not working that 1st part of November, I'll be there.

I'll be the fella wearing a desert camo, safariland thigh rig.

Jay

16. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Sounds like a plan....as time approaches we will have to see what our schedules look like ;f