Glock 32c What's needed for Non-LCI extractor to LCI extractor?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by OMCHamlin, Apr 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Just got a great little Glock 32C, Gen 3, but it has a non-Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI) style extractor. What all parts are needed to convert over to the newer LCI style extractor?

2. Larry Harrison

Larry Harrison

You need a new extractor with lci and a new bearing which goes on the spring.

3. Mike-M

Mike-M

Except for some legacy 90-degree extractors, Glock now makes only the LCI extractors. If a 15-degree pre-LCI extractor needs replacement, the LCI version is the only OEM option.

Each different extractor has its own specific Spring-Loaded Bearing.

For a G32, the LCI Extractor is part 1899. Its SLB is part 3439. Glock won't sell these to you...you'll need to get them from one of the several third-party OEM parts suppliers.

FYI, here is Glock's official parts list:

https://us.glock.com/documents/FRM-72-26.xls

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    grendelbean and happie2shoot like this.
  4. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Just curious, isn't there also something to do with a difference in extractors, too? I remember wanting to go the opposite way with extractors years ago (don't even remember why...) but I got a LOT of info regarding a 15° angle on one and a 90° angle or something like that on the other.

Essentially I was told "no can do" or at least without a lotta fuss. I didn't bother....

5. gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy In the STL

Old style non-LCI extractors were cut for 90 degree slide openings. Newer slides/extractors are all 15 degree.
    15 degree extractors will work in 90 degree slides, they just look a little odd.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SJ 40 likes this.
  6. Mike-M

Mike-M

Deleted...original text was intended for a different thread.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  7. robhic

I'm sorry you went to the trouble of typing all this info! I was just referring to putting a Non-LCI extractor in place of the LCI one in my Gen3G19. As shown in "Gooffeyguy's" post #5 (above) the extractor angles are cut different and so look different. I didn't wanna change calibers or anything like that! Just replace extractors. I'd swear there was a bit more involved than just SLB difference, but regardless I never did it because it seemed like a PITA.

8. Mike-M

Mike-M

Sorry, Robhic. I did not intend my earlier post for this thread. It's been deleted.

What you want is the opposite of what the OP asked. He wanted to go from non-LCI to LCI, which is what post #2 and #3 addressed.

To go from LCI to non-LCI, it's more complex. It's been a long time since Glock made non-LCI pistols or pistols using 90-decree extractors, but at one time every caliber had available a 15-degree non-LCI extractor. It's just that Glock discontinued all their 15-degree non-LCI extractors, leaving only some old 90-degree extractors in active inventory. People who are terrorized by LCI extractors sometime desperately install the available 90-degree non-LCI extractors in their 15-degree slides. It works, looks funky, it's not sanctioned by Glock, and it's not been demonstrated by any reputable authority to have no adverse impact.

Where things get sticky is when one needs a new extractor for an old Glock with 90-degree slide, and only the latest 15-degree LCI extractor is being made. In that case, the slide must be sent to Glock for modification to use the 15-degree LCI extractor.

I like the LCI. I consider it an upgrade. I converted the one pre-LCI Glock I owned to LCI. :)

9. Mike-M

Mike-M

Some were, back when 90-degree slides were current. But the vast vast majority of non-LCI extractors were cut for 15-degree slides. Glock stopped making those, leaving in their parts catalog only non-LCI extractors cut for the old 90-degree slides. Example: The OP wants to replace his 15-degree non-LCI extractor with the only version now being made...the 15-degree LCI version.
    I don't know anyone who has tried that. There has been NO reason to, because 90-degree non-LCI extractors are still current Glock parts, EXCEPT for G21 and G30 pistols with 90-degree slide. (Glock requires those slides to be sent in for modification to use the current 15-degree LCI extractor, so Glock does not suggest trying a 15-degree extractor in a 90-degree slide.)

10. Lil

Lil

When updating to the LCI extractor, Glock would also update the extractor depressor plunger, extractor depressor plunger spring and spring-loaded bearing. Do it all - cheap parts.

11. gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy In the STL

Notice I said "old style". I guess I
    should have said "early models".

Glock started using the 15 degree cut in late '94, early '95, about midway through the gen2 era.

The LCI versions started in '02.

I can see the need of using a 15 degree LCI extractor if someone with the early, 90 degree non-LCI wanted the LCI, because that's the only way the LCI extractor comes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  12. Mike-M

Mike-M

Sorry, GG, I read your post as implying all non-LCI extractors were 90-degree configuration. I can see your point.

WRT the other issue, have you seen 15-degree extractors being used successfully in 90-degree slides? I have not, for reasons I explained earlier.

13. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Okay, so I ordered everything new for the extractor, LCI type, the only thing that ticked me off was I couldn't find a 357 Sig magazine follower. If anybody has one in good shape they'd part with, shoot me a PM!

14. robhic

No problemo. I only knew what I knew because someone posted mechanical drawings of the 2 different extractors. This was early in my "Glockification" and scared me enough to abandon my quest. LCI extractor was good enough for me....

15. Larry Harrison

Larry Harrison

You can order the follower directly from Glock. The cost is $2.00 plus shipping.
    Larry

16. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Yep, you're absolutely right, $2... And $7.95 shipping...