close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's Iran up to Feb. 11th?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by stravis, Feb 8, 2010.

1. stravis

stravis

What do ya'll think this is about?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,585143,00.html

Khamenei: Iran Set to Deliver 'Punch' to Stun West on Anniversary

Monday, February 08, 2010 [​IMG]

[​IMG] REUTERS

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei gestures while speaking to his supporters in Tehran January 9, 2010.

Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Monday that Iran is set to deliver a "punch" that will stun world powers during this week's 31st anniversary of the Islamic revolution, AFP reported.
    "The Iranian nation, with its unity and God's grace, will punch the arrogance (Western powers) on the 22nd of Bahman, February 11, in a way that will leave them stunned," Khamenei, who is also Iran's commander-in-chief, told a gathering of air force personnel according to AFP.
    The country's top cleric was marking the occasion when Iran's air force gave its support to revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, a key event which led to the toppling of the U.S.-backed shah on February 11, 1979.
    His reported comments came as Iran said it would begin to produce higher enriched uranium from Tuesday, in defiance of Western powers trying to ensure the country's nuclear drive is peaceful.
    This year's anniversary is expected to become a flashpoint between security forces and supporters of opposition leaders Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi, who charge that the June re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was rigged.
    Opposition supporters are expected to stage anti-government protests on Thursday when the traditional regime-sponsored marches to mark the revolution take place across the country.

Mousavi renewed his call for demonstrations on the February 11 anniversary.
    Just over a week ago, he and Karroubi had implicitly called for a gathering of their supporters.
    "The 22nd of Bahman is upon us, truly it should be called the day of gathering," Mousavi said on his Kaleme.org website Monday, according to AFP.
    "I feel we have to participate while maintaining the collective spirit as well as our identity and leave an impression," Mousavi said.
    "Anger and bitterness should not take our control away.
    "The clerics should know that since imprisonment, beatings, and other confrontational methods are done in the name of Islam and the Islamic regime, it is hurting Islam and we all should try to stop," he added.
    Anti-government protests were first triggered after the June 12 presidential election won by Ahmadinejad.
    Over the past eight months, several thousand people were arrested. Some were released and others were given hefty prison terms, among them politicians, journalists and human rights activists.
    Two protesters were tried, convicted and hanged in the aftermath of the election.
    Khamenei told the air force personnel the "most important aim of the sedition after the election was to create a rift within the Iranian nation, but it was unable to do so and our nation's unity remained a thorn in its eyes.

2. Ragnar

Ragnar

Very likely nothing will happen, or at least it will only be important to Iran. Probably an exercise in the Gulf, launch a few poorly made missiles/rockets, maybe debut their latest "indigenously produced" piece of Russian hardware.

They can't stop pumping oil - it would cut their own throats.

But by posturing a little, they convinced Great Leader Obama to send extra naval forces to the Gulf. Dance, puppet, dance!

3. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

I think it would be funny if Tehran went up in a nuclear fireball on the tenth.

4. rauldduke1979

rauldduke1979

Iran will be conducting operation "Hey everybody LOOK OVER HERE" in an attempt to distract the world from what might be 3 million people in the streets of Tehran, protesting the regime.

For more on the February 11th showdown between tyranny and democracy, see the L.A. times.

In other words, its on like Donkey-Kong, and we can expect AJad and his Junta to do everything in their power to distract us, probably to include a missile test and then a prompt offer to recognize Israel and send all his uranium to Russia. The offer will be rescinded later the same day.

5. stravis

stravis

Thanks for the information, rauldduke1979.

6. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Are they going to launch another torpedo? Because that's all their rockets ever end up being, you know...:rofl:

7. Twisted Steel

Twisted Steel And Sex Appeal

I'm thinking another rocket test. I'm sure Israel is well aware and will be on alert if necessary. Or maybe a test detonation of a nuke.

The problem is, will our president be willing to take any immediate necessary action if Iran was to do something really threatening.

8. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I don't love the guy...but he did order the killing of three pirates in a high-stakes sitsuation, and they got the job done. If you need more proof than that, well...I guess we'll have to see what the future holds.

9. Little Joe

Little Joe

Probably nothing. I think he's drinking the same koolaid as the bozo in North Korea. Just an attention whore.

LJ

10. Little Joe

Little Joe

If he really is up to something, I hope it backfires on him and makes him look like a jackass.

LJ

11. Surt

Surt Jötunn-Kin

The whole culture is prone to exaggeration and lies. If anything there will be a giant parade, and the launch of some local and inferior clone of a 30 year old Commie Ballistic Missile. w00t.

12. NashvilleGlock

NashvilleGlock EMT-Paramedic CLM

I'm thinking Capt Members Only is going to do a little more photo shopping of missiles and a little gov controlled media to talk about how bad *** they are.. :whistling:

13. Blaster

Blaster Hunc tu caveto

On Feb 11th. Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will publicly announce their consummated marriage.

14. Twisted Steel

Twisted Steel And Sex Appeal

I don't think he ordered the killing of the pirates. The order was 'if the captain is in danger, take action'. Or 'take no action UNLESS the captain is in immediate danger'. The ROE engagement were for no proactive action, unless the captain was in immediate danger. When our shooters had the opportunity, they took it. The ROE were reportedly met when when one or more of the pirates pointed an AK at the captain. It was reported that the pirates were shot when one pointed an AK at the captain. I've always found it hard to believe that in all that time in that boat, the captain never had a gun pointed at him until that moment. I just don't buy it. I agree with the shot, but I don't think Obama meant for it to come off like it did.

We have SEALs being prosecuted for punching a guy in the stomach.

I don't think Obama ever said "take them out if you get a chance". I think his orders were vague enough that our shooters got to apply them for a happy ending.

If Iran has a missile going up on Thursday, I don't think Obama has the boils to order it shot down, or have the launch site hit before the launch.

15. DrMaxit

DrMaxit Dirtbag Airman

Looks like a good way to find out what we would do if something really was going down.. you know.. sort of cry wolf to see how the townspeople act. I couldn't anyone being so damned loud about a "punch that will leave [us] stunned" and actually try to get away with it....

16. silentpoet

silentpoet

Nuke test is my guess. Plus the distraction from the protestors as mentioned above in some manner.

17. PBCounty

PBCounty

They're going to announce they rigged the Super Bowl and unleash the full fury of pot-bellied American proletariat.

18. Halal Pork

Halal Pork Halal Pork

They desperately want people to take them seriously. Before they get too out of hand, Israel will be destroying targets in Iran. In the meantime, they're taking the DPRK route of acting out for negative attention like an ill behaved child.

19. okie

okie GT Mayor

Hopefully on Feb 11 Israel will be clearing land in Iran for a new Wal-Mart Super center:supergrin:

20. void *

void * Dereference Me!

It's about 10 minutes to midnight in Tehran.

I hope (and to some extent expect) it's a lot of posturing.