Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,612 Posts
I wish you would stop giving out BS advice.

http://www.njsp.org/about/fire_hollow.html
I heard this my whole life including from police officers I know so I am very confused on this right now. I must do search and find out what's what because I never heard anyone tell me hollow points where legal in NJ. I wish you would relax:dunno:

·
Banned
10,612 Posts
It is a crazy law and confusing, this is from a former NJ police officer from another forum....

You can purchase them and keep them in your home. You can use them at the range.

You cannot possess them at any other time. For example, if you have a carry permit, you cannot carry hollow point bullets in your gun.

Note that the statute makes possession of a hollow point bullet a felony. It does not mention cartridges, it bans the bullet itself. You don't even have to have a gun on you. Possession of a hollow point bullet by itself is illegal unless you meet one of the exemptions listed above. Source(s):

NJSA 2C:39-3f
28 years NJ cop

·
Banned
10,612 Posts
Sorry man but over the past couple months I've corrected several people on the law and to be honest it's getting annoying. I don't like it when bad information is thrown out like saying something isn't legal when it really is, it just annoys me to constantly repeat myself.
It's so crazy, I had Phila cops and every gun shop in PA always tell me NJ doesn't allow hollowpoints period and now I find out that's not true. This is like when I found out a fat white man dressed in red wearing black rubber boots was just a fat drunk at the mall:supergrin:

·
Banned
10,612 Posts
What gets me the most mad is I would love to live in NJ and I can afford it and my wife and kids love NJ but their gin laws keep me from doing it. It gets nuts, I would love to live in NJ:crying:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.