What's Cooking on the 4th?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Penman, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Penman

Penman Goauche User

Actually our big occasion is on the 3rd, we're getting together with some friends for dinner. Going to fix some chicken and beef teriyaki, and some grilled prawns seasoned with sesame oil and lime juice. Will make some chirashisushi - seasoned rice with condiments - shrimp, chives, nori, etc. sprinkled over the top for carbs.

2. lwt210

lwt210

Grilling burgers and dogs. But seriously thinking about getting a steak, chops or something else to go with it.

Hate firing up that much charcoal and not utilizing it to the fullest of it's abilities.

3. GlockSpeed31

GlockSpeed31

We are cooking some Johnsonville Brat's for lunch then some pork ribs for dinner. I cook my ribs the way Alton Brown from FoodTv does. If you are interested in the recipe, check it out here http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_11125,00.html

Just a side note: these ribs are not your typical BBQ. It has a different taste, but good and tender. Slide off the bone tender. Two things that I do differently is 1) Remove all the "Silver Skin" from the backside of the ribs. I learned this from the main cooking instructor from Chili's restaurant when I worked there. 2) All the dry rub spices, I put in a blender to make a fine powder, seems to be able to get more consistant flavor that way.

Hope you enjoy this if you try it.
    GlockSpeed31