close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's after Deer Season? - Trail Cam Pics

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by GeorgiaGlockMan, Dec 23, 2005.

1. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

What are you guys going to hunt after deer season is over?

Coyotes and bobcats for GGM and friends.

Merry Christmas!

2. GeorgiaGlockMan

3. noway

noway

I do more work post hunting season than during the hunting season. Btw nice photo of that bobcat

4. GeorgiaGlockMan

I liked it. 2 days after the pic was taken and 3 days before I actually saw it. I had a bobcat jump up into a tree not 20 yds from me. I was 25 ft up and thought it looked right at me. It turned on a branch facing away from me and sat there for 20-30 minutes.

I gave it a "ssppsst ssppstt" - nothing.

I murmered "hey hey" - nothing.

I was guessing it fell asleep or was def. I turned on my headlamp and stoodup in my stand to leave and then the cat tore out of the tree like it's tail was on fire.

Craziest thing I've ever seen.

5. ILikeFtLbs

ILikeFtLbs

Bobcats are amazing animals. Really neat to watch them walking through the woods. I shot two in southwestern VA when I was 17 with an old mauser, and I still have the full body mounts.

6. allhowl

allhowl

I will be hunting hogs & yotes every chance I get & cats until season ends here (Okla.) 2-28-06.

7. Sharker

Sharker

I am already making plans now to go yote hunting in late Jan and Feb. Then I will be breaking out the turkey gun. After that it will be warm enough for me to fish, and the guns will get a reprieve till next fall.
    Where I hunt deer, the coyotes are out of control. I see more scat with hair, and tracks. The guy who goes with me has never done a coyote hunt and is more excited about that than the rest of deer season. (he has gotten 8 deer so far)
    Anyways, I have never gotten a turkey I "Hunted" legitimately (with a shotgun and called in) so I am looking forward to that.