close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats a good inexpensive universal cleaning kitz/

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by CBennett, Jan 18, 2010.

1. CBennett

CBennett

I asked for a cleaning kit for Christmas but didnt get one I need a kit that would clean anything from .22 rifles and pistols to a .38 special Snubby,9mm,.40 S&W Pistol to a shotgun to a .223 Rifle. so pretty much a universal kit.....I was getting sick of those old Hoppes plastic universal tray kits that open up in your bag and strew everything all over inside your range bag.

Im looking for something decent but under $35 the closest ive seen to being decent is this one

http://www.gunsfishingcamping.com/item.aspx?PID=124081&w=D0/4zHxpazo=

its the gunslick universal pull through kit...kinda reminds me of a Otis kit but at a realistic price. thing I like is it seems to come with everything including the cleaning liquids not ONLY the brushes. I tried to put my own together today but the local shops have been hit hard for some reason and they just dont have crap to put a kit together right now...they didnt even have a bottle of breakfree and they normally ALWAYS have that!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. rem2429

rem2429

I would put one together a little at a time. I know you are having trouble finding stuff, I did read the post, but good and cheap and universal...pick any two. even if you bought something like this, you have to add chemicals and you should add a one piece coated cleaning rod for rifles.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=410552

If you can get a good .22 caliber coated rifle rod, you could switch out parts for cleaning everything else.
    I am not a fan of the pull through systems, but they have a place in the field. They should come later, after a good standard system.

3. CBennett

CBennett

OMG I cant believe i spelled Kit Kitz...now I look like a moron lol...maybe I AM one :(

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  4. CBennett

CBennett

Yeah, I kinda WANT to put together my own seemed like a cool "project" but it was just kinda lame not to see anything available...first thing id need was a case to keep everything in...do they make gun specific ones or you think a cheap tool box/fishing tackle box would work???

5. bcmclane

bcmclane

A box of Q-tips, a quart of gear oil, some CLP, some parachute cord, a ripped old T-shirt, and a few cheap nylon brushes...

6. ctaggart

ctaggart

7. Jon_R

Jon_R

I like the Otis Tactical Cleaning Kit. You can pick it up from Dick's Sporting Goods for about $40-45 if I remember correct. Cleans everything from .17-12 Gauge. Is very compact. Add in some q-tips and you are all set to get started. I would probably also get some hoppes and I like bore snakes for the calibers you shoot the most. I really don't like pushing a rod down the barrel of a rifle.

http://www.otisgun.com/cgistore/sto...a=40&idp=330&his=0|1|330&cart_id=1849365.6052

8. ICHI

ICHI @#%* !

9. CBennett

CBennett

yeah, was a bit more than I had to spend on the Otis unfortunately(gift card). that was the one I wanted but im trying to be good and not spend over my limit...then this summer if I beg for a gun I wont be told ive been spending too much $$ on other stuff :) .

10. BobbyT

BobbyT

11. CBennett

CBennett

12. space_weazel

space_weazel

I have and in your case get the otis kit, I really like the pull through cleaning method, the otis kit has everything, just get cheap non otis patches and go to town.