What's a Gen 2 Glock 19 worth these days?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by g26own, Feb 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. g26own

g26own

Saving up for a gen 2 glock 19 with base sights. I don't want any of the police issued at this time.
    How hard will it be to find a mint used one or like new condition? Id like to.buy one to add to the stable.

What do you guys think they are worth? Some gunbroker prices are crazy and nobody even hits the crazy reserve. Wish I could find a good one to buy.

Thanks

2. Makoman

Makoman

Democratik People's Republik of Kommiefornia
    If you are in California, they can go for almost as much as a new one. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a police surplus pistol. I recently bought one from aim surplus and it is in excellent condition.

g26own likes this.

3. g26own

g26own

Some others said the condition was bad even when paying the 10extra. Idk may take a look and see if they ever get more.

4. Makoman

Makoman

Democratik People's Republik of Kommiefornia
    I did pay the extra $10, but a s you mentioned, I heard it can be hit and miss.

g26own likes this.
  5. glide

glide Just sayin'

I wouldn't pay more than $400 for a used Glock. Depending on supply and demand the gen 2 models may command higher prices on location. Gunbroker prices can be a ripoff. Check on the gun for sale forums and good luck.

g26own likes this.
  6. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

My AIM surplus gun was fine but showed holster wear. If you want mint condition I would expect to pay near new price but not retail, closer to GSSF price. $400 would be reasonable gjven the condition.

g26own likes this.
  7. joemannnnn

joemannnnn

I missed out on the aim deal, was too late to the game. I watched gunbroker and lately decent ones were going for $450 or so plus shipping. The LEO trade ins were closer to $400 depending on condition. I paid $400 shipped for one and it's in pretty good shape. Has some frame nicks and scratches but slide isn't too bad. Not as good as the AIM deal, but I at least saw the pistol I was getting. There's been a bit of a run on 19's lately and I think that's driven the pricing up some. I wanted a gen 2 though, and I'm impatient. I'm happy with it so far.

g26own likes this.
  8. g26own

g26own

They seem to be pretty hard to find online right now. Damn, I got bad timing.

9. Terlingueno

Terlingueno

I got mine for $375 on GB. It came with three pre ban mags. I sold them bringing my total with transfer fee and shipping to $275

10. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

11. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Right wing nut Lifetime Member

Yep. You can get a used gen 3 in good condition (not mint) out the door, including shipping & transfer, for less than $400 most days on Gun Broker. I wouldn't pay more than $400 for a "mint" used gen 3 anyway b/c you can get NIB gen 3 for under $500.

Gen 2's are less on Gun Broker.

California is a market I don't understand; may be different there.

I love the "custom" Glocks on Gun Broker with the stippling, coloring, and other stuff. I'd give $50 for one of those but some guys think that crap make it worth $750. There's a G23 gen 4 on there right now with a rear slide plate that says, "Zero F**** Given". If he gives me $50 I'd take it.

ETA: Wow! I stand corrected. Gen 2 G19's on GB are way overpriced, IMO. Looks like $400 to get in the door and the sky is the limit.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    g26own and Glockdude1 like this.
  12. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Supply and demand still works.

Bruce M likes this.
  13. J Glockerson

J Glockerson

I've been looking hard for about a year now for one in good shape, around $400 and it's not easy. The one's on GB that are in good - very good condition are getting 550-600 (plus shipping & FFL fee) all day long these days. There's some idiot on there trying to get 700 for one with a chipped handle right now....incredible! My best shot at one is one I talked my step dad into buying back in '95 brand new. I told him if he ever sold it to let me have first dibs. Then last year I asked him about it and he told me that he had sold it to his dentist for 350 :faint:
    I told him they they getting harder to find these days in good condition and he needs to buy it back if ever given the chance.
    Well sure enough, the dentist didn't like it or wasn't shooting it, so sold it back to him for the same price...so now I'm trying to work it off him again, but he ain't coming off of it easy. This is one of the few out there that have zero holster wear and less than a few hundred rounds through here. The spring isn't even broke in yet...

Good luck to ya...I'll shoot you a pm if I find a surplus deal, do the same for me!

g26own likes this.
  14. Bruce M

Bruce M

I would say that a second generation Glock 19 is worth about $6300 less than a first generation Glock 19.

Makoman, ed209 and TX OMFS like this.
  15. ed209

ed209

I've got two, and thought about a 3rd a couple yrs ago. 6 Wannenmacher shows later and don't recall seeing any. Saw none at the last two shows.

16. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

I bought one last year. Orginal box and paperwork, with the factory updated parts and paperwork, safe queen and looks near new. $400. He could of got a little more, but not much.

I passed on a slightly less nice Gen2 G19 (No box, no paperwork, only 1 10rd Cali mag) for $300, just because I just bought the other one.

g26own likes this.
  17. g26own

g26own

Saw one for $450 but the condition was terrible. If it was mint I'd have thought about it.

18. g26own

g26own

Work for that thing man, then sell it to me at a good profit. You can do it!

19. Roger1079

Roger1079

I picked mine up from a police instructor in like new condition for $275 with no magazines or box. I have never cared much about either of those things as I have no shortage of 19 magazines and was actually kind of glad to not have another box to add to the pile I already have connecting dust.

I got mine cheap, but they can be found for prices in the vicinity of what any used Glock goes for with a bit of searching. The only 19 I have ever seen that commanded custom 1911 prices are the Gen 1 19 and that is simply a case of supply and demand as so few exist.

On a side note, there is nothing wrong with the LEO trade ins as usually service pistols are fired less than privately owned ones. I know some officers who surprisingly to me only fire their service pistols at the required qualifications.

g26own likes this.
  20. J Glockerson

J Glockerson

:) sorry g26, when I do get it, it will be with me till the end I hope.

Roger, that's the way to do it right there. But those kind of deals are rare these days. Sure you can get a good one from a police trade in, but you might also get one that looks like it was tied to the bumper and drug back up to the precinct. When you can see it before you buy it is one thing, when you can't it's another....

g26own likes this.