close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whatever happened to the Chat area?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by LarryNC, Jun 16, 2007.

1. LarryNC

LarryNC Millennium Member

The subject line pretty much says it all. Also, whatever happened to the idea of a paid membership?

2. LarryNC

I'm guessing that Eric is on vacation :tequila:

3. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

No, Eric is working, trying to support this place. The chat system went away several years ago. It was the victim of a server change. There will be a new system soon. I'll post more before its launch. Eric

4. LarryNC

Eric,

Are you mad at me for having the audacity to simply ask a question? Heck, I figured that if you were out of town then one of your moderators could answer a simple question.

If keeping this place up and running is such an expense, why not make it a pay site? Hell, if you simply made it a ten dollar a year membership it would pay for itself and ten bucks isn't a lot of money!

5. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

No, I am not mad at you and I'm not sure what I said to give you that idea. You made a comment and I replied to it. I am a very <font size="1">(Sometimes brutally)</font> direct person. People aren't usually left wondering how I feel about them or if I am angry about something.:supergrin:

I am working now on getting the paid tier launched. Once it is up, I sincerely hope the financial trouble will be behind this place. Time will tell. Eric