close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whatever happened to militias and separatists and stuff.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Bren, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

This is not a POlitical Issues thread, in my opinion, because I'm not asking about their political opinions or whatever.

What I want to know is, where did they go?

During the 1990's, the news was full of stories about militias and white separatists and anti-government movements and nuts in compounds and the like. I expected even more in the last 4 years, but we haven't really heard significant news about any, not even the KKK.

I figure maybe:
    1. The all quit and went home. That seems unlikely, given the current government and economic situation.

2. The press is intentionally refusing to cover them. That would make sense, since it might show dissatisfaction with The Leader and be destructive to their policies...but Fox and more "on the right" news sources aren't saying anything either.

or

3. They were never real to begin with and the press made a few guys in the woods here and there sound like a massive anti-government movement, in order to create fear and, thereby, sell airtime. Having once been a member of "gang," complete with our own turf, that didn't really exist and was the creation of the local newspaper, I can see that possibility.

Any idea what the deal is?

2. fusegsp

fusegsp

Maybe they quit advertising themselves and went underground. Where was the one you always used to hear about? Was it Michigan?

3. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Maybe they can't afford the gas to make it to the meetings out in the woods anymore.

:rofl:

4. countrygun

countrygun

Therre were only 4 actual "groups" of about 6 members each, They disbanded when Discovery, History, and Food channels gave them their own shows.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  5. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

I've always thought that for the majority of these labels, the media manufactured most of the boogiemen.

6. Mr Spock

Mr Spock Vulcan

Not sure but after Ruby Ridge and Waco, and now recently with the demonization of anyone right-wing or libertarian as a possible domestic terrorist, they'd try to keep a low profile and hope to not end up on the government's or media's radar.

7. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

The information age brought bad publicity.

A cursory search of popular survivalist forums would indicate that movements have gone underground as our political and economical situation worsens.

8. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Since it is so easy to learn EVERYTHING about you with this internet, cell phone, electronic book keeping, etc, age, I suspect if there are any smart groups out there they don't come to places like GT and express their feelings about the powers that be.

9. Fox184

Fox184

Hell, where have you been?

Currently the FBI and other alphabet agencies consider white, conservative, pro constitution, gun owning males as the biggest threat to this country.

We are all terrorists/militants/anti-gov in the feds eyes. You don't need to be a member of a militia, etc. If you meet the above criteria you are a threat to this country according to those dumbasses.

10. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

You forgot "Veterans". Veterans were al

11. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

Option 3.

Militias of the 90's, much like white supremacist movements of the 80's and 'domestic Islamic terrorists' today, were largely FBI creations, consisting mostly of agents provocateurs, paid informants, and the occasional sub-100 IQ dumbass.

12. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Witless Protection Program

Trump Tower, overlooking the wall Mexico bought.
    They collapsed when the FBI informants stopped paying dues.

13. Gunny Lingus

Gunny Lingus Think it moved

When GW Bush got elected, they thought they had won, and I suppose most lost interest. Most of it was because of Clinton, and the direction he wanted to take the government.

A few groups were infiltrated by agent provocateurs, and some people were charged. That took the wind out of their sails.

Most are members of FrugalSquirrels.com, and sit around on the internet posting about themselves being great patriots, the rest of us are sheep, and one of these days, government is going to go too far.........

14. Fox184

Fox184

When Nobama won the first time the servers at stormfront.org crashed from all the new activity, that should tell you something.

15. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

There is a lot of the traffic on stormfront that is people watching the zoo that it is.

Hell, I am a semi regular reader over there. It is sometimes interesting, sometimes epic and sometimes scary to read how they react and think about things.

16. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Maybe the ones that are the real deal finally figured out it was in their best interest and the best interest of their cause to keep their mouths shut and lay low. :whistling:

17. TactiCool

TactiCool

Here's the ADL's list of extremist groups:

http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/ame...mism_in_America&xpicked=3&item=american_front

relevent events I remembered that happened recently:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ers-conspiracy-charges-dropped_n_1383390.html

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/08/7_suspects_in_st_john_deputy_s.html

So it doesn't seem like those groups have gone away, but those groups have probably been impacted by an increase of .gov intelligence gathering capabilities. And maybe many of them were even rooted out, under the MSM's radar? Who knows, with gov't. surveillence expansion under DHS, and elements like COINTELPRO, it makes sense that they could have been more easily discovered and infiltrated. Not to mention the expanded powers gov't. has under FISA, NDAA, and the Patriot Act.

http://vault.fbi.gov/cointel-pro

18. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

The old stormfront was even better. It showed just how low society can get. HH

19. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You made me laugh.

20. John Galt

John Galt Anti-Federalist

The first rule of fight club is....