What your carry gun says about you...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Shadyscott69, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Shadyscott69

Shadyscott69

Based upon the ensuing hilarity of this thread...

Your gun sucks! https://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16152738#post16152738

I give you another plagerized tid bit. :whistling:

There are lots of choices out there for carry guns, and because each gun is a personal choice your carry gun is a statement, whether or not you feel it is. It says something about you.

What you think it says: “I am suave, sophisticated pistolero that will only carry the finest in defensive handguns.”

What it actually says: “I really enjoy buying spare parts and endlessly testing magazines to make sure they work with my archaic firearm.”

Glock

What you think it says: “I am a serious shooter, dedicated to my sport and self defense and so I carry the most popular firearm in law enforcement.”

What it actually says: “I didn’t want to do any actual research before buying a gun, so I just bought this hunk of plastic.”

Smith & Wesson M&P

What you think it says: “I am a smart shooter! While I value the durability and lightweight of the polymer pistols, you should be able to customize your firearm for your hand size, which is why I carry an M&P.”

What it actually says: “The store was out of Glocks and the guy said this was like a Glock only better.”

Sig

What you think it says: “I am an elite shooter. This is the weapon of choice of Navy SEALs, and that means it’s awesome, so I’M AWESOME.”

What it actually says: “Long trigger pulls are okay with me! First shot accuracy isn’t important anyway, it’s all about volume of fire!”

HK

What you think it says: “Carrying this pistol means I’m serious about pistol-craft! I am a civilian WARRIOR.”

What it actually says: “I suck, and my gun hates me.”

Revolvers

What you think it says: “This is a more elegant weapon from a more civilized age; I am a connoisseur of firearms akin to the Jedi Knights and their lightsabers.”

What it actually says: “I have trouble counting past six, and having a lot of ammo in a gunfight isn’t that important to me.”

A Taurus

What you think it says: “While budget conscious, I am able to spot a deal on a quality firearm and take advantage of it.”

What it actually says: “Herp-derp.”

What does your carry gun say about you?

What your carry gun says about you, continued

Beretta

What you think it says: I choose to arm myself with the weapon of choice of the United States military, used by steely eyed killers across the globe to slay our enemies in CQB situations.

What it actually says: I really liked Lethal Weapon. Like, a lot. It is possible that I have a Martin Riggs mullet-wig.

CZ

What you think it says: This gun is the most commonly used firearm in NATO countries, adopted by many nations for use in their elite forces. It combines the best of the new world and the best of the old world, it’s so awesome that Jeff Cooper used it as the basis for the Bren 10!

What it actually says: I am a gun snob. I wanted a high capacity 9mm, but something exotic and european. I drink lattes and drive a foreign car.

Springfield XD

What you think it says: A grip angle reminiscent of the 1911 with safeties that are familiar to the shooters of JMB’s classic pistol, but with a high-capacity magazine and lightweight polymer frame! Truly we live in a fantastic modern age.

What it actually says: Marketing works on me. I didn’t buy this gun when it was being imported as the HS2000 and was 200 bucks cheaper, but slap “Springfield” on the slide and show me some pictures of Rob Leatham looking cool with one and I’LL BUY IT YES.

STI

What you think it says: I carry the finest example of the 1911 platform in existence. Built to exacting specifications by master pistolsmiths and used by the top competition shooters in the world, this is truly the modern example of a samurai sword. Plus, they used them in Monster Hunter International and that book was rad as hell!

What it actually says: I have LOTS of money. Instead of buying a sensible pistol for $500 and spending the other $2k on ammo, mags, and training I chose to blow half a month’s salary on one gun that is so expensive I’m afraid to shoot it. However, Monster Hunter International was still awesome as hell.

2. diggy485

diggy485

My CW says, I am not the smallest, nor the largest. I am not the weakest, nor the most powerful. I am just the right size, and more than adequate.:whistling::rofl:

Glock 27.

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

When I carry this View attachment 206067 I think it says I am makng and individualistic, bohemian statement... but it actually says I am gay. Electric car gay.

4. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    I am OK with this. 1911 SA Loaded edition.:wavey:

5. Historian

Historian NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

The H&K description seems on target.

Really the pistol has always been very snobbish towards me...it shoots better than I let it...and it resents me...besides anytime I have a gun smith even suggest a replacement spring, magazine...whatever...

the price starts at, "One Hundred Kroners!" Usually it's yelled at me before I can finish asking a question.

:dunno: If i shoot bad it refuses to drink beer with me...and I don't get to eat pumpernickel, wienerschnitzel and kraut.

She's really quite a *****...but you know...when you married to a platform you gotta stick it out.

I'm going to go have a talk with her...she is she's in a better mood.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  6. Maelstrom

Maelstrom MiniCapitalist

Ha ha! I actually did buy the HS2000. Bought in on a GT group buy years ago.

I actually do explain to people that it is the same thing without the $200 Springfield stamp on the side :) The Croation Sensation!

7. jp3975

jp3975

I wonder what my Steyr M9A1 says about me.

8. doneroman

doneroman SheepDogs-R-Us

When I carry my STI 1911, Glock 21s, M&P Pro, or DW 44ctg in any combo. it says..." You better have the 1st shot in my melon."

9. blkt2

blkt2

I carry a Hi-Power and J frame .38spl. What does that say about me?

10. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

11. GamerGirl

GamerGirl 100% Relevant

I bought a Sig but recognize my crappy abilities at firing and aiming :wavey:

12. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

So what does it mean when you carry an NAA mini?

13. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

14. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Mercy on my everlasting Soul....

I own 6 of the pistols mentioned.....

I am Out, and now I must hide my inferiorities, being complex 'n all....:cool:

15. Ironbar

Ironbar

What I think my M&P says about me: I tried a lot of firearms and went with this one because it fit the best and I was very acurate with it.

What it actually says: I don't give a ****** what you thnk of my gun.

16. ede

ede

17. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

What you think: I am conversant on the technical prowess of Mr. Bubits and know better than buying a Glock. This fine firearm is made of superior plastic, not some recycled condom mixed with curtain rods that constitutes a Glock. True, they were so good nobody bought them but it was ALL the fault of Marketing which is true because I read it on Dilbert.

What it really says: they were dirt cheap when they were demobilizing, the trapezoid sights make you look an armed geek at a Star War convention, you are tired of people staring at you thinking you CCW a rifle up your buttocks when you mention Steyr, and now that they are coming back to the US market they won't be oh! So exclusive. Dammit I have to find a Caracal pronto!

But I have the A1, so I can carry a tactical light.

18. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

I carry a Walther PPs mostly, so what i think is I am SO smart because I don't carry a piece made by some dam Korean cultist wacko, I don't have to carry an ugly hunk of brick ending in 26 or 27, and it's so elegant they would probably let me carry it at some fashion show.

What It really says is that I am sissy that can't tolerate the weight of a real gun ending in 26 or 27, I have too much money to spend on a carry piece. Good thing nobody knows is a 9mm or the lack of stopping power combined with the meagre 7 rounds would not be enough to scare a nun away.

19. pugman

pugman

They forgot one

Wisconsin

What you think it says: "I live in a state with a 140+ year non-CCW allowence law on the books because my government thinks they can protect every citizen at every possible moment and therefore they have no reason to carry a firearm"

What it actually says: "I'm too stupid to move"

20. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

It did not mention my carry piece, I have a nice Raven MP-25 that works for me when I want to carry light.