What Year Did Glock start Making the 2nd Generation Frame ??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by eagle20, Oct 10, 2002.

1. eagle20

eagle20

Hello

I need to know what year Glock started making the 2nd Generation Frame for the Glock 17 ? I perfer the 2nd generation frame .. i have the chance to buy a Glock 17 .. was made or imported in April 0f 1990 .. but was refubished at the Glock Factory in 2001 .. and has not been fired since .. Seller says the gun is in Excellent condition ..Says the slide looks brand new ..No scratches or digs on the frame... Fixed sites ... it would cost me $475.00 comes with .. Glock factory case ..all accessories.. and 2 Glock 17 Round Drop Free mags ..

has to be second Generation Frame tho ..

Would you concider this a Good Deal ???

Thanks
    Eagle20
    Dennis
    ;d

2. Fast Glass

Fast Glass

I think Glock started making the .40 around '89 or '90. I'm sure they were making the 2nd gen frames before then for the other calibers though. I know it was before '91 because my s/n starts with SL.

3. MrCowboy99

MrCowboy99

What's the difference in the frames between 1st, 2nd and 3rd gens? I have seen the difference on the mags (NFML to FML) and the differences in the finger grooves v. no finger grooves but is there anything else? Also, do you know what gens had what modifications or am I asking too much? Thanks in advance and your patience with me. (.. as I'm a new kid on the block..)

4. REFLEX

REFLEX

first generations have stippling on the front strap, 2nd generation have the serrations, and 3rd have finger grooves and accessory rail. 9mm have previously only been available with 2 pins, but current productions now come with 3. Also somewhere during the 2nd generation production, they reinforced the frames, not sure if this applies to every caliber Glocks.

5. MrCowboy99

MrCowboy99

Thanks alot for the info.