Glock Talk banner

What Year/Base did you go to BCT?

89860 Views 500 Replies 394 Participants Last post by  RedTeam98
I went in from June 14th-August 24th of 2007 at Ft. Jackson. I was in Charlie 3-34, 1st Platoon Wolfpack!

Where'd everybody else go and when?
461 - 480 of 501 Posts

· Banned
28,198 Posts
19D was my secondary MOS, although I never had any kind of training in it. Lol. I was Airborne, Ranger, Infantry and one day while checking my 201 file I realized the Army had given me 19D as a secondary MOS. Sounded like a cool job!

How did you end up instructing Sapper School? Not enough Engineers at Lost in the Woods? :supergrin:

Reactions: rangerjd

· Registered
107,405 Posts
19D was my secondary MOS, although I never had any kind of training in it. Lol. I was Airborne, Ranger, Infantry and one day while checking my 201 file I realized the Army had given me 19D as a secondary MOS. Sounded like a cool job!
It was. We could be light armored reconnaissance or air mobile reconnaissance.
Basically, the guys ahead of the armored columns in a big fight with the Soviets in my era.

Reactions: rangerjd

· Registered
517 Posts
How did you end up instructing Sapper School? Not enough Engineers at Lost in the Woods? :supergrin:
Haha when I got off Drill Sergeant duty at Ft Leonard Wood in 1987, they were going to put me on a grenade range teaching new trainees how to throw grenades. I went to the full bird Colonel in charge of the Sapper Leader Course and told him he needed me at the SLC. I was Ranger qualified, Jump Master, Air assault, certified winter and summer Mountaineering instructor, survival instructor, basically everything they taught I was trained in, but because I was an 11B, not a 12B, the Army, in their infinite wisdom, was putting me in charge of nothing but throwing grenades. lol The Colonel made a phone call and they next I know I'm signing into the Sapper Leader Course. That was a very fun place to work. We blew up a lot of stuff. hahaha I gained a huge respect for Combat Engineers.

· Registered
517 Posts
1987 Ft. Leonard Wood Mo. Basic and AIT. 12B. C-Co 35th Engr Bn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was a Drill Sergeant at B-5-10 in 1987 and then in September of that same year, went over to instruct the Sapper Leader Course, on Ft Leonard Wood.

Reactions: archery68

· Registered
420 Posts
I was a Drill Sergeant at B-5-10 in 1987 and then in September of that same year, went over to instruct the Sapper Leader Course, on Ft Leonard Wood.
We may have crossed paths. I am from Missouri and live bout 1.5 hours south of Ft. Wood, Willow Springs Mo, in Howell County. After Ft. Wood I got stationed at Ft. Campbell Ky, the second closest Army Fort to my house. Loved it at Campbell!! We sent lots of guys to sapper school at Ft.Wood. I got out in 1991 after Desert Storm. Thank you for your service.

· Registered
517 Posts
We may have crossed paths. I am from Missouri and live bout 1.5 hours south of Ft. Wood, Willow Springs Mo, in Howell County. After Ft. Wood I got stationed at Ft. Campbell Ky, the second closest Army Fort to my house. Loved it at Campbell!! We sent lots of guys to sapper school at Ft.Wood. I got out in 1991 after Desert Storm. Thank you for your service.

And thank you for your service. I loved Leonard Wood because of the hunting and fishing. I didn't get much free time as a Drill Sergeant but for the 2 years I spent as a Sapper Instructor, I spent a lot of time hunting deer, rabbits, turkeys etc, and the fishing is out of this world.

461 - 480 of 501 Posts