Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of thinking that the Glock 22 is pretty much the Standard Service Pistol that a large majority of LEO's carry in this day and age. I know "back in the day" the S&W 3rd Gen was pretty common then the Beretta 92 hit the streets for a while(along with the 96) but for the most part the Glock 22 looks like it's in more common use then any other semi on the market. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm kind of thinking that the Glock 22 is pretty much the Standard Service Pistol that a large majority of LEO's carry in this day and age. I know "back in the day" the S&W 3rd Gen was pretty common then the Beretta 92 hit the streets for a while(along with the 96) but for the most part the Glock 22 looks like it's in more common use then any other semi on the market. What do ya'll think?
my nephew, who was getting into the NCHP, says the word was from the higher ups it was going to be the glock in 357sig. he dropped out and i've heard no more from him on it. he's a city cop in a small town and carries a g30 with 21 mags as spares. gov perdue had said no more relocating officers to different parts of the state. he started bootcamp and then she changed it. he dropped.

my old man was a cop also. carried a nickeled 1911. but back then you could carry whatever you pleased.

·
Banned
2,402 Posts
The Feds should not be in control of local police departments. They have the military to run.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I believe Glock has about 65% of the LEO market and they say the .40 cal. guns are by far the majority of LEO sales.

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
I would say that the national standard (anywhere) is to buy as cheap as possible and keep the critics quiet as long as possible.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
my nephew, who was getting into the NCHP, says the word was from the higher ups it was going to be the glock in 357sig. he dropped out and i've heard no more from him on it. he's a city cop in a small town and carries a g30 with 21 mags as spares. gov perdue had said no more relocating officers to different parts of the state. he started bootcamp and then she changed it. he dropped.

my old man was a cop also. carried a nickeled 1911. but back then you could carry whatever you pleased.
They are carrying M&P's in 357sig, changed from Sig's. Yeah, there were a lot of upset troopers. We carry Glock 22's which is pretty much the standard but S&W has been catching up but has a long way to go.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know my Nephew on the Nashville, TN PD is issued the G22. Around Crossville the PD and Sheriff's Office can use whatever they want and many carry Glocks of one kind or another.
I guess what I'm getting at is to find out what the "Standard" is because that might be a good way to go in a SHTF situation. That way mags and ammo will be compatible with what the majority of Law Enforcement has.
I do think with the introduction of the S&W M&P they will take back a decent share of the market, mostly because for decades with their revolvers then with they semis S&W was THE Police Service Gun.

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
For any SHTF scenario You won't get any guns or ammo from the government or LE.
It may work the other way around actually, so having a pair of nice running shoes is must.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For any SHTF scenario You won't get any guns or ammo from the government or LE.
It may work the other way around actually, so having a pair of nice running shoes is must.
In a big city I'd agree but in a small town, like I live in, people know each other and help each other out, even the LEO's are willing to help their fellow citizens out in order to protect live and property if roaming hoards of Big City Dwellers starting moving out into the country looking to rape, loot and pillage. :supergrin:

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
In a big city I'd agree but in a small town, like I live in, people know each other and help each other out, even the LEO's are willing to help their fellow citizens out in order to protect live and property if roaming hoards of Big City Dwellers starting moving out into the country looking to rape, loot and pillage. :supergrin:
My imagination is that in the city You are going to loose, no matter what, so better hit the road ASAP.
Roads however won't work any longer as this will be the best place to rape, loot and pillage.
Only organized militias will have any chance of surviving, but on a side note... I still think it's all kind of BS.
Just won't happen in our lifetime.
Anyway running shoes won't ruin my budget.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
They are carrying M&P's in 357sig, changed from Sig's. Yeah, there were a lot of upset troopers. We carry Glock 22's which is pretty much the standard but S&W has been catching up but has a long way to go.
you're exactly right. he said m&p 357sig. i had glock on the brain. and yes, he said they're were some pissed off troops. he wanted to stay local, but she broke her word. nothing new for a politician. sorry man. i take it you liked the sig?

·
Banned
2,402 Posts
I think he meant it would be 307 million versus 120,000. No way they would give ammo away, no way they would have enough ammo. (he did say SHTF) ;)

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
As much as I would love to say the 1911 I would have to vote G22 as well. But then most LEOs wear ugly shoes when in uniform so why not have a matching gun?

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All I know is that a large number of LEO's I see are packin' Glocks of one caliber or another. It just seems to be the most previllent pistol in holsters of LEO's.

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
All I know is that a large number of LEO's I see are packin' Glocks of one caliber or another. It just seems to be the most previllent pistol in holsters of LEO's.
So You just wanted to reassure yourself about it?
How is your pistol shopping going BTW :tongueout:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts