What would you do-change caliber or stay consistent

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lycan, Mar 13, 2010.

1. lycan

lycan

i currently have 2 glock 23's. 1 is a gen 2 with tritium sights that i carry concealed quite often and the other is a gen 3 that has never been fired. i also have a browning hi-power in 40 as well. i currently would like to get one of the baby glocks and am looking for some advice on whether or not to switch my system and go with the 9mm of the 26. i have never fired the smaller 27 in 40 cal but wonder if it becomes unwieldy or is the difference negligible?. would you stay with the 40 if you had multiple guns and ammo of the same caliber?

the second question i have is in what ways do you carry more than 1 glock at a time? some examples would be appreciated and pictures very helpful. i am trying to take several pieces and produce a handsome system.

thank you.

ryan

2. oISHUTupNrocKIo

oISHUTupNrocKIo Glock Lover

I love the .40 S&W round, perfect size IMO... not too small, not to big to lessen recoil of the load. I don't know in this situation, all I have to say is go to a range and rent the G26 and 27 and see how they feel to you.

3. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

Welcome to GT... get a G29!!! :whistling:

4. ronin.45

ronin.45

Get the 27. The recoil shouldn't be too much for you. You already have plenty of experience with .40. There is no reason to switch calibers now.

5. alank2

alank2

Hi,

I personally think the G26 is easier to manage in the subcompact platform, but the G27 is a nice pistol too. I found I had to regrip the G27 after each shot unless I shot softer ammunition.

Good luck,

Alan

6. bambikilr

bambikilr

agree, shoot both & see which one you like, heck another caliber isn't that big a deal

7. boomhower

boomhower

The G27 is a bit of a handful. It shoots POA very well but is snappy. If I didn't have to have .40 for work I would seriously consider going to 9mm but want to stay consistant for the time being.

8. vetteman

vetteman NRA Member

In my opinion it is better to have more than 1 caliber, as ammo can sometimes be hard to find if you are looking for just one caliber. I haven't seen 9mm at Wal Mart in over a year so I've been shooting 40 and I'm glad to have more than one choice.

One system that works well for me for carrying 2 pistols is use of a shoulder rig and a side or IWB holster. I've always liked the idea of a shoulder rig that holds a pistol on each side, but have never seen one as they seem uncommon.

9. ricky_arthur

ricky_arthur

I have a 23 and a 22 and got my 27 yesturday. I noticed no difference in felt recoil from the 23 to the 27, and I was bouncing from one to the other for about an hour of shooting. I shot all 3 about equal and My brother who was trying to decide what to buy for his first pistol for ccw purposes was torn between the 23 and 27 he liked them both. He would shoot the 27 and say "Ya I like that one i'll get a 27" then he would shoot the 23 and say "now I don't know,... maybe i should get the 23" That conversation repeated about 3 times. :supergrin:

Ricky

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  10. RBL525

RBL525

or you could check out the 357, the 45 gap, and any of the small frame sub compacts. they will all have the same grip, and maybe you can find one that you want.

i will eventually own all the small frame compact glocks, got three out of the way so far. the 38 is great. shot a friends, still waiting for mine to get here.

11. BobbyT

BobbyT

.45 would be the way to go if space weren't an issue, but low pressure means a huge cartridge. If you're going to put up with a bigger frame, you might as well go 10mm.

That's what makes .40 the choice in my mind. It's an upgrade over the 9mm, but can still fit in the same gun and keep most of the capacity.

12. lycan

lycan

great ideas and input gentlemen. thank you.

i guess its what makes these toys so much fun. what other weapon offers this many flavors. it really is quite a unique situation.

ryan

13. RioKid

RioKid

This ^^^^^^^^ Keep it simple and stay with the same caliber. The 27 is snappy but, nothing you can't handle. I quit carrying my 23 and now carry the 27 every day.:cool: