close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What would ya'll do????????

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by John Brannen, Apr 12, 2006.

1. John Brannen

John Brannen

my grandpa-in-law was a sherriff's deputy in the town we live in. when he retired they gave him his duty pistol. (Glock 22)since he retired he has pasted on & he left the pistol to me. I can't figure out if i should trick it or leave it dry. only thing it has got on it is the tricon(?)night sights & the 15 rd. mags. what would ya'll do? I almost want to leave it dry but i love some of the aftermarket stuff. ( surefire laser/light combo, 3.5lb. connecter). Please give me some help & suggestions.

Thanks in advance

2. DanV1317

DanV1317 GlockMeBeutiful

my grandfather recently passed away. I got a few of his guns and i leave them stock and shoot them. Even the ones with terrible sights and everything. They have a special place in my collection. I'd go buy another g22 if i were you if you wanted to trick it. Just the memories that go with it i wouldn't want to destroy.

3. oldironman

oldironman

I would leave it as is. When the time comes for it to xfer to your kids or grandkids, etc., guns may look a lot different by then and it will be cool when they say WoW, can you believe great, great, grandpa carried this. Okay, so I ain't much of a writer, but I hope you get the point. It will be special, like grandpa's WWII rifle, you just wouldn't sporterize it. On the other hand, maybe you would... it sure would look cool raced out. The kids probalby wouldn't mind. I sure am glad I could help you with that.

4. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

+1 for leaving it. It is from him.....

Scott

:alien:

5. John Brannen

John Brannen

Thanks guys for the help. I'll probably just buy one of those 10mm's and trick it. anyhow thanks for the reply. If anybody else wants to reply feel free to do so. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

6. Victory

Victory

Your grandfather already had that gun set up perfectly.

7. lomfs24

lomfs24

My dad has a pistol from my grandfather. I hope to get it one day. When he does it will stay as stock as when the Montana HP and the FWP Game Warden carried it.

I would leave it alone. It's has value that way that you can't sell.

I second the thought of getting a 10mm and tricking it. Maybe even a .40 to trick.

Just my .02