close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What would cause this malfunction? (G19)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glocknineteen, Mar 7, 2010.

1. glocknineteen

glocknineteen

So, I was at the range shooting some Rem UMC FMJ 115gr and also trying out two boxes of CorBon JHP 115gr. First magazine of CorBon was fine, no problems. On the 11th round of the second CorBon magazine the slide locked back and a round did not chamber from the mag. I tapped the bottom of the magazine, dropped the slide and it chambered fine. I then cycled the slide to eject it and placed it back in the magazine. It chambered fine the second time around. I also noticed on the CorBon cases there was a flat spot on the rim of the case after being ejected. Any insight into the issue? I had no problems with the 150 or so Remington rounds I used that day and the cases looked fine after being ejected. Thanks for the help GT! :supergrin:

2. bentbiker

bentbiker

I'm gonna take a wild guess that you have an extended slide stop lever and your hand hit it during recoil on the one time the slide locked back.

3. glocknineteen

glocknineteen

I do have an extended slide stop lever! Hmm. That sounds reasonably possible. I didn't think the cases would be bent after being ejected under normal circumstances, but I am definitely not an expert. Thanks for your reply!

4. Chevy327

Chevy327

+1

I used to do that about once every fifty rounds. I changed back to the original slide stop lever and the problem disappeared!

5. E-Money

E-Money

I agree with bentbiker that you possibly hit the slide lock with your thumb unintentionally. Watch your thumb placement the next time you are out shooting to see if they might be landing where they could actuate the slide lock.

6. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

I would also say it would riding the slide stop lever with your thumb during a course of fire. I tried out an extended one a while back and did the same exact thing myself. I replaced it back with the factory part and the issue went away.