Civil Liberties What Will It Take for Patriots to Act?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by JustSomeDude, May 29, 2020.

1. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

Those who think the 82nd Airborne will support their revolution are kidding themselves and don't understand.
    Rule #1 of a professional military: OBEY ALL ORDERS
    Look at the depression era treatment of the Veterans Bonus incident in the 1930s.

railfancwb likes this.
  2. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

I was a "peacekeeper" in another life. If someone told me to march down an American street they would have had to get that blue helmet removed from their poo-chute.

knoxrocks222 likes this.

3. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

Oh please! Enough of this nonsense! Even if the US military was ordered to subdue US citizens they don't have enough bullets or even a fraction of the boots on the ground to handle an entire nation. Afghanistan or Viet Nam ring a bell? And the idea that they'd bomb us all is absolute nonsense as well! Who's gonna pay taxes after that? Who's gonna grow the GDP? It sounds like you need an excuse to do nothing. Please continue to do it.

4. jr24

jr24

But when half our government wants them in, perhaps invites them in is where we run into problems.

Recall, this whole train of thought would be contingent on the mass shooting of looters by government forces, so it's all conjecture that won't happen anyway, in my mind

5. RichardB

knoxrocks222 likes this.
  6. Firecop203

Firecop203

Society has taken the stance of “make love not war“ since the sixties. The hippies of those days are in politics today.

In past times if you robbed a store, you’d be lucky to make it to the front door with the loot. Now they prosecute the clerk for having a gun on the premises.

I read a lot of posts about the next civil war or when is enough, enough and it’s time to take a stand.

Hypothetical situation. Let’s say someone does decide to stand up, take arms and fight against the govt, what happens?

Now, look back at the Boston Marathon Bombing. There were TWO bombers. How many local, state and federal officers were involved in their capture? Hundreds, armed with unlimited resources, weapons, ammunition, supplies, communication, all the latest technology including satellites.

If you’re going to “Fire the first shot”, use your brains cause you can’t carry enough weapons ammo and equipment to make a difference.

The norm today is let them take whatever they want. Even THEIR lives aren’t worth taking in comparison to what they are taking. “It’s just materialistic stuff”, it can be replaced, a life can’t.

Which in turn leads us into the declining morality. Honesty is becoming a thing of the past. Laws are changing to allow crimes that were once felonies to misdemeanors. Thieves steal and get nothing more than a ticket with a small fine. Most of those will never pay those fines or appear in court. A warrant can be issued, but if caught, the jails won’t take them because of overcrowding and “it’s not a violent offense”.

How do we make the changes that need to be made?

JimWillson likes this.
  7. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

If someone ordered the military to subdue citizens who were standing up for their Constitutional rights, they'd have to subdue the members who would abide by their oath not to first.

WABOOM likes this.
  8. thespork

thespork

I was already depressed... This uglyness is making it worse..

You know I don't like the president, but now is the time for him to back up his tough guy persona...

This needs to end, now.....

As far as the OP is concerned, being "jealous" of these dirtbags, and wanting to play out some kind of violent revolution fantasy:

Sorry, civilization doesn't need more bomb throwers, regardless of their political stripe.

Let's keep it together, people....

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    jr24 likes this.
  9. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

I believe this as well. But even if they were willing to carry out unconstitutional acts against US citizens, the logistics and lack of soldiers/equipment/bullets would prohibit any modicum of success.

Quijibo likes this.
  10. RichardB

How are 20 year old warriors going to know which civilans have high minded constitutional principles on their minds and which are terrorists wrapped in a flag?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Look at the Civil War.

12. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Again, UN forces would be met at the border by ours. And, whomever invited them would be traitors.
    What your talking about is war with and within the US. I guarantee you, there is no one in the UN (or our government) stupid enough to think that that would end any way but horrifically for them.
    .... well... maybe the are three or four in our government that are stupid enough.
    Agreed, the "mass shooting" of Conservatives looting and burning is not going to happen because we don't loot and burn en masse, and mass shooting of these leftist A-holes is not needed. Just single out the ringleaders and make examples of them. A good show of force will turn them all back to their keyboards. They have been empowered by leftist mayors who allow their cities to be burned. It's on the mayors to fix it.

13. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Aye, something no one wants to repeat.

14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

No one? Not true.

15. Finestkind

Finestkind

Detroit still shows the scars from the riots in the 60's. I had a friend that was on an APC in the riots in Memphis in the 60's. He said you could hear all kinds of shots being fired, Glass breaking and fires going. They let off a few rounds with an M2 and it was quiet for the rest of the night. I don't want to see another Kent State but there should be more being done to control the destruction. Barriers, Water hoses and National Guard lining the streets might help a lot. Who should protect these areas? The people, Police or the National Guard? Abandoning police stations or downtown sets a bad precedent (SP). It empowers the people doing this to become emboldened. Many businesses and lives being destroyed. Who is going to pay for all the destruction? Anyway my .2 cents.

Finestkind

16. jr24

jr24

Where are all those alleged top secret non lethal weapons the military is supposed to have. You know the rays that hurt or the sound gun that makes you crap your pants? :D

17. thespork

thespork

The UN "army" couldn't invade and occupy Belgium, much less the US....

Masturbatory fantasy for folks who wore out their VHS copy of red dawn....

18. jr24

jr24

Would they? If Newsome invited them in to help in California would the Guard revolt the Governer? Would Trump have our troops start a shooting war on our soil?

I think not, personally.

I think they'd be allowed in then there would be litigation for years, both internationally and internally. Plus of course all the political posturing.

But do I think they'd air drop on like Red Dawn, no, of course not.

19. thewitt

thewitt

Removing these paid professional rioters is something that needs to be done, and going after the funding that the progressive left uses to stir the pot is the answer.

No one has the balls to do it, however.

Overthrowing the leftists at the polls and making sure that ALL elections are FAIR and LEGAL is the top priority.

Violence against the leftists is not the answer, however those looters should have been met with water cannon, tear gas and other non-lethal weapons, rounded up and locked up somewhere... That was a huge fail by the city and state governments.

NMG26 and jr24 like this.
  20. Gundude

Gundude

Is this the same military that failed for two decades (and counting) to control one of the most backward countries in the world?