Glock Talk banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·
Biggest mistake I made was not getting my truck ( 42 gal ) gassed up. And maybe some 5 gallon cans as well.

Never thought about fuel disruption. Why would you?? Never had anything like that happen before .
People that went thru that time period know. Gas got scarce fast.

I was wearing my issued Glock 23. Duty belt with 2 spare mags in my car. I put a Glock 17 with 6 mags and a Bushmaster M4gery with 6 mags in the trunk of my personal car. I was stuck doing OT at a polling place, shot home quick and got them.

I wasn't carrying because I was at work and firearms were not permitted.

Somewhat related, the family was getting ready for work /school that morning. Being in California with the time difference we were seeing some of it real time. My 11 year old son was watching the TV and very matter of factly looked at me and said “I’m going to get those guys” he turned 18 in 2008 and joined the Marines. He wasn’t carrying then but started carrying in the Marines. He’s an 0331 machine gunner.

Would have been either a G30 or G19? Too long ago to remember for certain. Would have had two spare magazines of 9x19 or 45 ACP.

Reactions: kahrcarrier
I loaded every gun I owned and then headed off to base not knowing when id come home. My girl friend couldn't lift the barrett, but it had 1 in the chamber and a full magazine just in case.

Scary day to be sure.

Come to think of it I don't think wer ever got the tomahawk cruise missiles I ordered that day. FEDLOG is fun if you know how to use it.

I was on vacation near NYC. I had my issued (Fed LEO) Beretta 96D and two spares. Flight crew REALLY thanked me for carrying on the return flight home!

I was living in the east village of NYC during that time. My story of that day is too long to tell but I was 20 and in college at the time. I saw the second tower get hit with my own eyes and then watched people jump from windows until the buildings came down. Something I will never forget.

Its virtually impossible to own a handgun in NYC and I was a broke college student so all I had was a spyderco. Always had that blade on me but never had to use it.

Only a fighter jet would have been a sufficient force equalizer on that day.

Well, I didn't have a carry permit then, Missouri was lagging behind a little...but, in my truck there was always one of these...Ruger P-89...

Now on September 13th I was walking around with one of these: M-16A2

101 - 120 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.