I don't know how long it's been since one of these "worst car I've had" threads came up, but I always find them interesting. I like working on, talking about, and reading about cars and the issues that come up with them. Let's hear some stories about the worst, most problematic car and the problems that it had. And for the love of god, people, let's NOT turn this thread into a pissing match between brands. Let's NOT hear "Well, that's what you get for buying a _______." or "If you don't buy 'Merican cars, then you hate 'Merica and want Japan to win!" or "My Tundra built in 'Merica is better than your Mexican-built Ford!" Let's keep this impartial, and just share individual stories and anecdotes, and no judging and prosthelytizing. I guess I'll start. It was an '88 5.0 Mustang that had numerous mods done to it, some by me and some by the previous owner. It had aftermarket intake, heads, headers, X-pipe, 3:73 gears, cold air intake, and subframe connectors. In its prime it was a fast car, and was just a fun car to have. But, problems started. Stuff would just quit working. The radio, fuel gauge, brake lights, dash lights, no A/C or heater (previous owner had taken off the A/C pump, to reduce drag on the serpentine belt to try get just a little more HP, don't remember why the heater coil was removed) just all kinds of nickel-and-dime crap. The starter was right next to the right section of the exhaust, and had a wonderful habit of getting bad heat soak from it, and wearing out prematurely. Like in a couple of months. I tried different starters from re-man's to Napa Gold, I tried wrapping both the starter and pipe with exhaust pipe wrap- with the wrap, it still got hot, just took longer. But the most vexing problem was an exhaust leak into the cabin. It was coming off of the left header collector, where it joined to the X-pipe. It was a ball-and-socket joint, and I must have hit a speed bump too hard or something, because one day it just started leaking and I couldn't get it to seal up right, no matter how many times I loosened it, moved it around, and re-tightened. I tried high-temp RTV sealant, but that just burned off in a few minutes. I suppose I could have taken it to a muffler shop in town and had them convert it to a flange fitting, but I was a broke college kid at the time and didn't have the money for it. To make an already long story short, I ended up selling it for a song- $700- and I was happy to get that, and just be rid of the thing. 5.0's are fun, but you have to stay on top of them. Let's hear some lemon-car (or truck, or whatever) stories!