Glock Talk banner

What was the solution for G43 mag hang ups?

1345 Views 18 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  JBP55
i just bought a glock 43 LNIB with a test firing date from April so it has the mag problems.

I know people were sanding down the problem, but surely by now Glock has come up with a remedy?

What do I do? Send it in? Or will they just send me a new mag release?

Thanks
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
CLM #38
11,041 Posts
I called Glock customer service, explained the issue and there was a new mag release on my doorstep three days later. Sanded down the original and kept the new one as a spare.

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Interesting, because I just called and they said they will send new mag replacements, not a mag release.

edit: I called them again and asked them to send a new release just in case and it was kinda hard to squeeze out of them. He kept saying, as though rehearsed "sir if it is a magazine problem we ask that you send in the magazine" and I had to explain it's not the damn magazine so finally he put me on hold and then came back and asked for my address and it'll arrive soon hopefully!

· Registered
43 Posts
Does anyone have any of these replacement mags in hand yet? I saw a youtube video where a guy was just massaging the top of the mag with a file to make them insert smoother.

I guess my mags do the same thing but I almost have to be trying to get them to stick intentionally.

· Registered
173 Posts
Mine has a test fire date in late April but hasn't had any mag issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.