Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What was the best thing you ever ate and where did you get it?

This is a good question, so good I will have to do some thinking.

I pig out when I go to the San Gennaro feast in New York, and the food is outstanding.

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
Are you askin' for her name?:dunno:

·
Why so serious?
65,797 Posts
White meat or Dark meat?

·
Bo Knows.......
6,306 Posts
What was the best thing you ever ate and where did you get it?

This is a good question, so good I will have to do some thinking.

I pig out when I go to the San Gennaro feast in New York, and the food is outstanding.
Your avatar makes me hungry!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
The biggest problems I have ever had in overcoming the mental urge to eat eat eat (food-wise) have been things I prepared. I far prefer preparing food to going anywhere else to eat. I do, occasionally, but typically is is WAY overpriced, doesn't meet my sanitation expectations, and I could do at least as well or better at home. Food prep is not hard - learn a little, it goes along way. Butter, salt, and sugar are not required for taste. I use them, but far more sparingly than almost all restaurants you might attend.

More specifically, it has to be new and different to REALLY get me going. I often use dishes I have seen on a menu or looked up a recipe for for inspiration. Trust me - you want to make a Big Mac, you can do it - just as cheap, far healthier, and far more nutritious than Krocs' McDs.

·
Senior Moment
6,572 Posts
I remember fondly the best meal I ever had. I was up in Montana visiting some friends at their cabin. My friend Barbara is an excellent cook. That day I had killed a few grouse and in the afternoon went down to the creek and caught a few nice trout.
Barbara cooked a meal with homemade bread, vegetables from her garden and the grouse and trout. For desert, she had baked two huckleberry pies using fresh huckleberries the kids had picked. I've never had a meal that good before or since.

·
VIVA MEXICO !!!
3,684 Posts
Too many things to mention.

Some of the best:
Yucatecan food mostly cooked by my M-I-L
Megu Restaurant in NYC food

·
Banned
5,038 Posts
hmmm , when i was 15 , me and 3 buddies took off to the beach for weekend, and we got high :whistling: , and the motel was next to the pier . well they went to sleep and i wanted to go fishing on the pier , but i was hungry as hell . so i left walked over a sand dune to pier , and all the food they had were those triangle cut samiches in plastic :rofl::rofl: , i got 2 and they were the damn best thing i have ever had .:cool:

also caught some spot and a big flounder that night .

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
Gates BBQ in Kansas city. My stomach is growling just thinkin bout it!!

It's the best BBQ on planet earth.... grilled asparagus wrapped in prosciutto ranks right up there.

·
Banned
12,633 Posts
Prim rib most any place that serves it except golden corral

·
BLR
7,414 Posts
A toss up between freshly caught Abalone and Peking Duck

The abalone was on a scuba diving trip, the Peking Duck at a restaurant in San Francisco. Don't remember the name...long time ago.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.