What upgrades have you done?

Discussion in 'G1 Niners Club' started by Slingblade, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Slingblade

Slingblade

What kind of upgrades have you done to your Glock 19? First thing I did was upgrade to Truglo TFO sights. I've got a third gen, so the frame is currently at ColdboreCustom getting the grip reduced, trigger guard squared and undercut and carry textured.

What have you done?

2. hvac-12

hvac-12

I got the Nibx glock 19 and have night sights.

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I have changed the sights on the 2 Glocks I currently own to Warren Tactical (competition) and Tru Glo TFO (Carry). Skateboard grip tape on the competition gun. Nothing else.

Most things people call "upgrades" are really just changes.

4. Makoman

Makoman

Democratik People's Republik of Kommiefornia
    The only mods I ever make are smooth-faced G17/22 trigger, G34/35 extended slide release and night sights. I used to do an OEM 4.5 connector but have since decided to just leave the trigger stock.

5. Slingblade

Slingblade

Quick little story. My current carry is an XDS45. It came without night sites. Now I pushed a black & white around for a couple decades when I was younger and I always had night sites on my guns. Can't really say why I didn't do it to the XDS. Stock sights were dead on and the front site was fiber optic.

I drive 25 miles to work every day and 25 miles home. Most of that is on interstate, about half that is dark, out in the county. I had set my cruise on 70, the posted limit. I was coming up on a red Mustang fairly fast. I moved to the left and passed him. He had to be doing 35 - 40. Just when I though he was almost out of sight, I noticed a vehicle coming hard. 100+ mph. Same Mustang passes me, then slows way down in front of me. I attempt to change lanes and he moves over too. I finally get by him then he pulls up on my left and travels with me aways. Drops back and then moves over to the shoulder and pulls up beside me. I figure this guy is crazy. I get my gun out thinking he's going to start shooting any minute. Problem is I cannot see my sights. Not at all. He eventually speeds up and runs out of sight in front of me.

I'll tell you I was nervious and when I pulled my gun and couldn't see the sights, well the next day off the slide went for some night sights.

6. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

I have a new G-19 gen 4. I installed a G-17 smooth trigger bar.
    I also put some green Ameriglo I-Dot on. They rock.

7. glockandgroovin'

glockandgroovin' Devil Dog

I went with the yellow/ green Tru Glo TFO's on my Gen 4 19. Love them!

8. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

I recently came back to the Glock 19 Gen4. I did not expect the G19 Gen4 to become my cool/cold weather carry pistol because I thought it would be too big. I carry it in an OWB holster with two spare mags in a carrier. Because this is my carry pistol, I am loathe to install a bunch of replacement parts. I've modded Glock triggers, swapped out components, springs, connectors. Every deviation from the box-stock trigger is a compromise. A lighter connector induces "mush" before the trigger break. A stronger trigger spring can induce failures of the trigger face safety to engage. A NY1 spring causes a heavier trigger and a more forceful trigger reset. A lighter striker spring can induce failure to fire using ammo with hard primers.

Here is what I've done:

1. 25¢ trigger job. I polished up everything. It makes the trigger smoother.
    2. Installed marine spring cups. In the unlikely event my pistol is submerged, dunked, wet, etc. I want the water to drain out of the firing pin channel.
    3. Installed a trigger w/trigger bar assembly from a G17 Gen3. This one doesn't have the bump on the nub that disengages the safety plunger.
    4. Installed a grip plug. This is purely for aesthetics.

#3 - That Gen4 bump on the nub on the trigger bar assembly supposedly ensures the nub contacts the safety plunger properly. What it does is adds an extra half pound hitch to the trigger that shouldn't be there at all to begin with. Fire an earlier production run Gen3 and you'll see what I mean.

The only other thing I want to do is install night sights. I'm trying to decide between:

• Ameriglo Pro i-DOT sights.
    • XS-Big Dot sights.
    • Trijicon HD night sights.
    What I really wish someone made would be night sights that mimicked the standard Glock sights. I learned to shoot on the standard Glock rear "U" and front dot combo.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  9. Glockworks

Glockworks Thank God for Prez Trump and VP Pence!

I know you asked about the 19, but in all my Glocks, I have never modified them at all. I am happy, or easily impressed apparently.

G19 DB likes this.
  10. AZson

AZson

My G35 has the kitchen sink added to it. Amug them is a 2 1/2lb trigger job done by a gunsmith.

11. Heavy4Caliber

Heavy4Caliber

So far I've added Ameriglo Pro i-Dot sights and a Lasermax guide rod. Planning to add a Vickers extended mag release, Vickers extended slide release, and probably Vickers magazine bases as well.

12. bobonit

bobonit McCroskey

I have a Glock 19 Gen 2 and Glock 20 Gen 2. Both have Hogue handall grip sleeves and Ameriglo Pro Operator Green Rear sights and ProGlo Green/Limegreen Front sights.

13. 22highcaps

22highcaps

Trijicon Nightsights and Vanek Classic trigger.

14. Speleothem

Speleothem

15. 9L0ck

9L0ck

I did the same ^ also a set of rubber talon grip and a gen 4 Pearce grip insert.

DonGlock26 likes this.
  16. chemboy

chemboy

15K+ rounds through my FPExxx series gen 3 G19. Never any mods save night sights only.

17. jpshaw

jpshaw

Three dot sights (not night sights) and a smooth G17 trigger.

18. Green Mountain Boy

Green Mountain Boy

Xs big dots on mine. The sight everyone loves to hate on but boy do I love them.

19. Sig226ee

Sig226ee

What ALL my Glocks get! Talon Grip Tape, Glock Factory Extended Slide Release, Ghost Gen4 Extended Mag Release. My 19 sports Ameriglo Pro I Dots/GL-301 & Streamlight TLR-1s.

20. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

My most modified Glock is a G17.4 with: Lightning Strike Titanium striker, Zev Tec V4 race connector, Zev Tec comp spring kit, Glockstore polymer magwell ,Glock extended slide lock and Warren comp sights.
    The other ones just have Warren carry sights.