Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Due to ammo prices rising in my area I have purchased a Glock 44. That means upgrades. But what fit this Glock?

Yes its almost the same as a Glock 19 physically but on the inside, very different. I was looking at some reviews of some triggers but they don't peak my interest.

My main question is does a Zev tech Ultimate Trigger Kit, fit the Glock 44?.

I would love to hear some request and maybe some things to change up or add on this Glock for 22 competition. Maybe some cool grip tape or even a good red dot.

Would love the help. I am also quite new to Glocks.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
What is your goal in modifying your G44-
Make it a duplicate of another modified Glock you have?
Make it better for what kind of .22 competition?
Make it more fun for informal shooting?

Remember the old saying-
"People spend lots of money to make their Glock unreliable."

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yes its almost the same as a Glock 19 physically but on the inside, very different. I was looking at some reviews of some triggers but they don't peak my interest.
As far as I can tell, the G44 and G19.5 frame are identical. I've successfully run a G44 upper on a G19.5 frame by replacing the locking block and ejector (as part of the trigger mechanism housing).

You might want to skim through this thread if you haven't already,

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yes any trigger that is for a Gen 5 G19 will work in the G44. There is a slight difference in the shape of the trigger bar shark fin, but not enough to keep the Gen 5 G19 trigger bar from causing any issues. I am running a Hyve Technologies Monarch Gen 5 trigger in my G44. I have probably 4-5 thousand rounds through my G44 with the Monarch trigger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is your goal in modifying your G44-
Make it a duplicate of another modified Glock you have?
Make it better for what kind of .22 competition?
Make it more fun for informal shooting?

Remember the old saying-
"People spend lots of money to make their Glock unreliable."
Yes any trigger that is for a Gen 5 G19 will work in the G44. There is a slight difference in the shape of the trigger bar shark fin, but not enough to keep the Gen 5 G19 trigger bar from causing any issues. I am running a Hyve Technologies Monarch Gen 5 trigger in my G44. I have probably 4-5 thousand rounds through my G44 with the Monarch trigger.
Very helpful thanks alot

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Leave the trigger alone.

Wanna know why one of the world most reliable weapons fails....., because people mess with them.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Leave the trigger alone.

Wanna know why one of the world most reliable weapons fails....., because people mess with them.
I haven't had a single issue with the aftermarket trigger in my G44 in thousands of rounds.

Now I have to agree that if you start changing a bunch of OEM parts for aftermarket parts all at the same time, you can run into problems. Those are usually due to tolerance stacking between the different manufacturers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leave the trigger alone.

Modifying a weapon with cheap parts and doing a ****ty job could make the firearm less reliable, Using tested and proven parts shouldn't be a problem. I understand the point of view however.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
I (obviously) love Glocks. They are the Swiss Army knife of the handgun world. Great value and reliable performance.
But putting $4,000 wheels on a $4,000 vehicle does not make it twice as good.
Yes I know we are only talking about a simple trigger.

·
Just sayin'
4,639 Posts
I've used Zev Technologies trigger kits for years now. No issues whatsoever. My goto HD/SD weapon is my Glock 19G3. All Zev Technologies internals. Thousands of rounds through the gun without much issues. Make sure you do your research before committing to gun mods. Enjoy and be safe.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Me, too...

I bought my first Glock in the early 1990s, and I now have eight centerfire Glocks, and I've never messed with any of their triggers.

My daughter and I really like our new G44, but the trigger pull (after almost 1,000 rounds) measured 7.5lbs.

It feels even heavier... Maybe because the gun itself feels as light as an empty squirt gun.

So, I did the striker spring, the safety plunger spring, and a "minus" connector, and now it's barely 4lbs... Much better.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Using a G19.5 trigger will change the feel too. Like I said there is a slight difference in the shape of the shark fin between the G44 and G19.5 trigger bar.

There is only 3 differences in the frame aa far as lower parts are concerned between the G44 and G19.5. The differences are: locking block, trigger bar, and ejector. It has been well proven and documented that you can put a G44 locking block into a G19.5 frame along with the correct 22lr ejector and it will function just fine with the G44 slide.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Due to ammo prices rising in my area I have purchased a Glock 44. That means upgrades. But what fit this Glock?
first, polish it - do a 15cent job, then use sandpaper and take off protruding part of a plastic safety off.
then, if even after all that you want a flat face - the cheapest one out there i think is a $60 overwatch polydat trigger that i got and it works just fine.
if there is something cheaper out there - i was not aware.

i would not say a flat face really changes things too dramatically, but, it feels a bit nicer.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The Overwatch Precision Polydat is the cheapest that I have found too. As far as round versus flat or smooth versus serrated trigger shoes, it is really personal preference. I prefer the feel of a flat faced trigger myself. And yes the safety shoe does stick out a bit on the OEM triggers but that is an easy fix.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
I like the glock minus connector. But my stash of the them is now out...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts