close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What took me so long?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by emguy, Aug 12, 2012.

1. emguy

emguy

My first "serious" pistol was a Glock 27, followed by a Glock 22 in 1997. They always, and still do, work very well, never giving me any headaches. So, I got hooked on the .45 ACP in 2008. For some reason, I never even touched a G21, but went straight to the 1911s. After several different 1911s, I have really gotten a headache. It seems like no matter if I spend $500 or $1200 on one, I end up having to do something or spend more money on it to get it to run right. Not to mention, I have burned up so much money on FMJ and JHP troubleshooting.

Finally, I bought a G21SF last week. It feels pretty good in the hand. I took it out to shoot, ran a box of FMJ and some Winchester Rangers through it, and it shot spot on and was comfortable to shoot. So I am standing there looking at this G21 at the range and wondering "What took me so long to get one of these?"

Anyone else love their G21?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

Go ahead and get the 30sf its gonna happen love the Glock 45s

3. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Congrats, Great Gun ! SJ 40

4. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Same here...I avoided Glock .45s until I was able to get a good deal on an LE trade-in. Boy, you talk about an eye-opening experience the first time I took it out--that caliber from a Glock was really fun to shoot! The recoil was very manageable, and I liked the ragged hole targets I was able to produce.

I finally got a G30SF to carry, and made the old G21 my nightstand pistol after outfitting it with some TFO TruGlo sights. It's since been upgraded with a Crimson Trace Rail Master, and will probably stand watch in its current role for quite a while.

I picked up a G21 Gen4 late last year, and it's become one of my favorite Gen4 pistols, as well as my favorite Glock. All of my .45 load testing is done on that gun when I've used new powders and projectiles. So far, so good.

So to answer your questions, yes, I am really happy with both G21 models I own.

5. emguy

emguy

Or maybe a G36..

I just bought a Comp-tac IWB holster for the G21 and am surprised at how easy it is to carry. I thought it would be too "thick" but it seems just fine. I made the mistake of engaging in a conversation about that I planned on using the G21 for IWB with a gunstore salesman. Worst advice I have ever heard has come from those guys. Whatever you say, I think they delight in saying you are wrong! From now on my MO will be to ask to look at the guns and not comment on anything else to avoid erroneous info being put in my brain.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  6. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

most gun store guys are air-condition-commandos :cool: and part time plumbers for all the B-S they dish out.

7. TheGlockTalker

TheGlockTalker

Yes I love my 21's.
    Although I just got a new Gen 4 and am having major problems with how it spits brass all over the place, including me in my chest, face and top of my head. . . . some rounds go on the ground though.

Check out the video on page 2.
    Same thing is happening to mine regardless of brass.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1436520

8. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats on the G21.

9. Glock40man

Glock40man

The G21 is a great pistol. Congrats!:cool:

10. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Despite the one person on GT who likes to bash his gen4 G21 in every thread he can, my gen4 G21 has been a delight.

I know what you mean about 1911s. If you like 1911s and .45 acp, then a G21 which is lighter, more reliable (on average), has a higher capacity and is easier to maintain, must also be appealing, right? At least it was to me. Would I have a gaggle of custom 1911s if money were no object? - yes. But alas, money is an issue, so I don't.

11. emguy

emguy

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love 1911s, but after arguing with them and JHPs for 4 years, I am tired. If using FMJ only, I am confident with their function. However, I just can't shake the paranoia of a malfunction with JHP because I have had such a variety of issues with them across different 1911 brands. I briefly tried an XD45, which was reliable, but Glock is the only non-1911 pistol of which I like the trigger. My P220 is reliable and a nice gun, but again, I like the Glock trigger better.

My G21 is doing fine with the brass ejection, but it is not a Gen 4, was just purchased new and has a non-dipped extractor. I realize brass flying all over the place can be frustrating, and shouldn't happen, but if the gun goes bang everytime that is #1.

12. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

G21 is a great gun, Congrats!!

13. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Gen 4 G-21 is my next purchase, along with a good carry rig for it.
    Love my Kimber CSII/Versa MaxII but I developed a bad habit of high thumbing and re engaging the grip safety (totally not the guns fault).
    I EDC a gen 3 G-17 with Tru Glo TFOs in a Comptac Mtac and really like it.
    But I do miss my big bullets