What To Make Of Dick Durbin’s Statement On Neil Gorsuch?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by robhic, Feb 1, 2017.

1. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

2. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Schumer is slated to be blamed for Dems losing more seats (reelection of Dem senators in Trump states). And they will become so irrelevant in the Senate (probably until the Reps make a huge mistake).

Durbin says, "Really? That's fine with me! I'd be the Dems leader when things turn to Dems."

3. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Who cares? Democrats are gonna Democrat. It's all posturing. Democrat senators in North Dakota, West Virginia, Indiana, and to a lesser extent Missouri, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Montana, and Florida can't afford to lose votes in their upcoming election. I think there will be a bunch of bluster, but in the end, the Dems will approve him.

4. Paul7

Paul7

He needs to be approved by April when a lot of important cases come before the court.

What's funny is people like Pelosi and Schumer think they decide what is 'mainstream'.

First shot likes this.
  5. robhic

Don't you tease me like that! ;) Seeing that detestable slime humiliated and blamed would make me smile until ma face hurt!

6. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

LOL

I can see the "tea leaves" just as well as I saw Trump's ride of the Movement early on.

Schumer impresses me, actually, for his willingness to "fall on the sword" like a reliable Lefty Samurai warrior.

When that happens, it will hatch either Durbin or Lizzy Warren. More precisely, Durbin is keeping an eye on Warren. They'll be whistling the tune of "The Empire Strikes Back" as they plot their misdeeds for 2020 and beyond.

7. robhic

I heared that she was falling out of favor in the snake-pit known as her Dem base. She might not have a good run if that continues. Maybe it's her fake and constant shrillness like Hillary. Deal-killer.

8. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

"Two men enter Thunderdome, with a case of grenades.
    Hopefully, no one comes out ... :supergrin:

ModGlock17 and robhic like this.
  9. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

He needs 60 votes unless McConnell changes the rules. What Dems will vote for Gorsuch? Easy for Durbin to say he wants a vote knowing it will fail without the dreaded "Reid" option. I'm tired of these games.