Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, my local WalMart and LGS have .22 ammo, primers, and every flavor of powder I desire. I went through four years of no .22 ammo and yesterday saw that WalMart was selling 550rd bricks of Federal HPs for $18.

So I bought one. Bought a couple thousand in primers and some more .223 ammo. That's about as close to hoarding as I get.

But the latest school shooting has me thinking I may want to start buying extra powder and primers to ensure I stay in supply for my monthly match.

I wasn't reloading during the last run on supplies so was wondering what was hard to find; primers? Certain powders? Cases?

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Primers have been harder to find. I'd buy primers, 22 ammo, ammo in general, and powder in that order. If you reload drop the ammo and switch it for bullets and brass.

Reactions: orangejeep06

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I may or may not be doing well on reloading supplies.

I am however more concerned with rebuilding my 22lr stock.

·
Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.
1,863 Posts
I've been buying 5000 round cases of decent .22lr on line when I find a sale. I don't even bother with Wally World anymore. Think when I get another 4-5 cases stocked away I'll feel ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Stepping down to the gin palace
9,253 Posts
If I was not slightly inebriated, I would head to the store to buy up some of that $18 .22s. Frack, I also need to get some powder. Walmart does not sell reloading supplies where I live.

·
****** Viejo
30,490 Posts
If I was not slightly inebriated, I would head to the store to buy up some of that $18 .22s. Frack, I also need to get some powder. Walmart does not sell reloading supplies where I live.

They don't sell reloading components here either. Sober or tipsy, I'm not heading to wally-world for ammo now or tomorrow for .22 ammo. They won't have any left when I got there. They NEVER do. tom.:fist:

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Hi OP,during the last shortage/scare the hardest thing to find up here was small pistol primers followed by powders especially 2400,Red Dot,Bullseye and Titegroup. 22’s were available if you wanted to be at WalMart when they opened. Stock up now,we’ve got a little less than 3 years before the next panic happens. Just like the Boy Scouts: be prepared.

·
****** Viejo
30,490 Posts
Hi OP,during the last shortage/scare the hardest thing to find up here was small pistol primers followed by powders especially 2400,Red Dot,Bullseye and Titegroup. 22’s were available if you wanted to be at WalMart when they opened. Stock up now,we’ve got a little less than 3 years before the next panic happens. Just like the Boy Scouts: be prepared.

Don't encourage him or you better be on that same Noon stage with him. tom. :cowboy:

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
After Sandy Hook happened, powders and primers for handguns all but disappeared in my area and it remained that way for damn near two years. Ever since supplies began coming back I have made it a point to either purchase a brick of primers or a pound of powder each time I am at my LGS.

Buy a little here and there and do so regularly, and before you know it you have quite a cache of supplies. Stock up!

·
Registered
9,058 Posts
Ammo is not regulated through the Second Amendment (although it is mentioned). I anticipate ammo being the next target of the grabbers. I'd be stocking up with ammo by the case if you don't reload. Even then it was easier to find loaded ammo than components last big scare.

·
20,725 Posts
I'm fussy about my 22 ammo. I'm not about to buy a brick of just any 22 rimfire. most 22 rifles have a preference in brands of ammo and every one of my 22's, A Ruger 10/22 carbine, a Ruger 10/22 charger pistol, and a Belgian Browning ATD all like CCI mini-mags and Blazers the best.

So when I look for a brick of 22 LR. I want a 500 round box of Blazers, not loose, but in 50 round boxes.

I've also found that CCI ammo seems to be better quality than Federal even though they're owned by the same company. I also like CCI Velocitors.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts