close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What to expect from Glock Armorers Training

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Kcolg, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Kcolg

Kcolg Millennium Member

Being sent to the Glock Armorers Training and was wondering what to expect. Who has been and how was it?

2. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

There's a secret ritual involving an inflatable sheep, rubber gloves, and...oh, darn. I guess it's not a secret anymore!

You will dissassemble and re-assemble a Glock. MANY TIMES.

3. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

I enjoyed the sheep section of the class.

You get some lecture on the history of the guns and stuff, take them apart and out them back together a bunch of times and take a short test. Pretty easy.

4. ktd

ktd

its a good class. you get to hear a lot of stupid user stories. The nice thing about the class is that it was 1/3 the time and cost of the SIG class, and they fed us too. If you are lucky you will get to see a real g18 (you do not get to shoot it though).
    k

5. Skintop911

Skintop911 Uber-Practical

What you can expect depends on who is instructing. Some provide exhaustive amounts of information and foster a thorough and intuitive competency with the maintenace and operation of the pistol.

Others will ensure you receive a certificate.

6. cde3cvr

cde3cvr PC187Dick

I went to the armorer course back in January and I found it to be very informative. We took the guns apart several times and took that short test. 8 hours well spent and a free lunch too!

I got to shoot a real G18c last week at my department when the Glock factory rep came to do a demo for our officers since I finally got the Glock authorized for carry.

That G18c was too cool, 33 rounds of rock and roll.

7. Kcolg

Kcolg Millennium Member

Thanks guys. I will be going to the Tulsa, OK class in December.

8. Jailer252

Jailer252 Team TKW

I took both the armorers class and the instructor workshop. The armorers class was cool but I had waay more fun in the instructor workshop. We shot the ****** out of a glock 18. 33 rounds in 1.4 seconds.... Awsome.. now if I could only convince my agency we need one!!!!!

9. Kcolg

Kcolg Millennium Member

So what is the Instructors course all about? Teaching the Armorers Course or How to operate/shoot a Glock?

10. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

11. Joe D

Joe D Guest

I think they have stopped using the wooden paddle and gone to one made of the same material as the frame. Should become real popular with the frat houses.
    They still do the pickle thing. Takes a while to get that copper lube off. :banana:

12. Jerry36

Jerry36

If you take the armorer's course, do you have to bring certain tools? Also, are they strict about who goes to those classes? I was thinking I could get my gun shop owner to just say I'm one of his salesmen or something.

13. budam

budam

Glock is raising price from $100 to $150.

mark

14. T. Harless

T. Harless

I took it yesterday. I can't say I really learned anything I didn't already know but I still enjoyed it. I took apart a G19 about 10+ times, Glock bought lunch, I got another armorer's tool, orange Slide cover plate and armorer's manual. Played with a cutaway (cool) and the training guns. It was at my office so I walked to class.

Jim Greene was the instructor. He was a hell of a nice guy. 250+ powerpoint slides with cool animations. We did go eight hours. Really well done. I can't say enough about how cool Greene was.

The test is stupid simple to the point that I take issue with it (but that's another thread) I scored 100%

15. ktd

ktd

nope, bring nothing. They give you a little punch and that is all you need. Any decent facility should have a place to put your piece (no personal guns in class). We filled my buddie's desk one time :). In my experience, they are not that picky, but it helps to be sponsored by someone. A lot of these classes are arranged by a department, and if they do not have a lot of people, they might not mind some fillers to help make it more feasible. By the same token, if they are at capacity, you might wanna bow out to let people who need the class take it. I would sign up late and if they have room, then they have room.

To be honest, the Glock is an insanely easy thing to armour. If you are mechanically inclined, you can really just get by with a manual or have someone show you the little stuff. The main reason to take the class is for the liability reasons.

k

16. Smokecloud

Smokecloud

our range instructor just got re-certified, the most interesting thing he brought home was the information that glock has now taken the stance that their mag springs never wear out, so you do not ever need to replace them, ever. I laughed and asked why one of our guys mags had no tension on the last three rounds in one of his mags? The bullets will just fall out if tipped upside down. They do have good springs, but nothing defies the laws of physics or father time

17. Kilroy

Kilroy JAFMP Millennium Member

And he does not know what he's talking about. That is not what was taught. This person did not hear correctly, or might have been the one who kept talking to his neighbors instead of listening to what was being said.

18. Smokecloud

Smokecloud

You sure are quick to bash. I didn't believe this was possible, so I ask "our" (meaning my dept.) Primary range instructor for proof, since I am the 2ndary range instructor, and he showed me the documentation. Glock has also revamped their lubrication standpoint slightly. I have yet to go to the newer classes. In previous armorer books, they listed measurements to compare the springs to, when they got to a certain point, you put in new ones.

19. T. Harless

T. Harless

I'm curious about the documentation. I was in the class two weeks ago today and we certainly discussed replacing mag springs and there's nothing like what you said in the armorer's manual or tech bulletin.

20. RandySmith

RandySmith

I have every release of the armorer's manual. Which one would contain this information?

Randy