close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what to do with my G27.....? too many glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by boarhunter, Oct 21, 2004.

1. boarhunter

boarhunter

Hi all , Im back again its been a while...I have to many glocks and Im sick of buying 5 types of amo and I love my G 20 for home protection and I hunt with My G20 so I gonna keep it and my 19 and G26 . But my G27 I carry it is my only 40 cal. it is like a odd ball for me to stock this 40 cal. and buy rounds in bulk ...Do I buy a new G29 10mm to carry or keep this G27 to carry, because it is smaller to carry ..........if so I sell this new in box g27 at a great price, . if anyone is wants it........I live in south Fla... Thanks John B

2. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

I see your dilema. Since the 19 and the 26 make such a good pair, they work together and all that, I would say lose the 27. There is very little the 27 can do that the 26 can't, ammo for the 9mm is much better than it used to be. One thing that the 27 can do is change itself into a .357 sig. I have a .357 barrel for my 27 should I ever want to turn it into a power house. Right now it is a good companion for my department issue G22. You could loose the 27, and see if you could buy a 27 upper to use on your 26 frame? Either way, I would be getting me a G29, you can shoot 10mm, 40 smith and wesson, .357 sig all with a little bitty barrel change.

3. alterego

alterego

I read your post a coupla times and couldn't come up with five guns so maybe I'm misreading it but here is a thought.

It sounds like you've got a 20, 19, 26, and a 27.

Here's what I would do:

Keep the 20 because they rock.

Sell the 19 and 26.

Use the money to buy a 23

Keep the 27.

You would then have a gun the size of your old 26 (the 27) which is great for really discrete carry (I carry mine in a pocket!)

The 23 is the same size as your 19. This is a perfect size to carry IWB or in a nice paddle. Good for carry with a cover garmet of some kind.

You would then be able to use the same ammo in both the 27 and the 23.

But get this!

You could get a conversion bbl for the 20 to shoot .40 S&W.

So you would only have to buy one type of practice ammo (.40) and just buy carry ammo for the 10mm.

That's what I'd do anyway.

4. atfsux

atfsux

WTF?!?!?! ;P

Entry error. Does not compute.

I believe that statement is unsupportable. (And liable to get you slapped silly in some circles.)

5. boarhunter

boarhunter

I do have a couple more glocks that have not spoke about, I have a G21 it a early glock and I have to keep , its a swamp gun I have shot a lot of pigs with....and my other cal. was a lar griz 45win mag But I just sold it to buy my new G20, its the best gun Ive every shot stock out of a box........Ho my last one is a G17 I keep on the boat... in case I see Pirates or cuban drift boats.........Anyway I think Ill dump the 40cal. Thanks for the heads up guys...:)

6. Medpilot 2

Medpilot 2 Smkumifyagotum

I was in the same boat you are in last week. I just sold my G23 so I can buy a G20 to go with my 29.

Got a good deal on my 23 too, I sold it for more than I paid for it.

Bought it in 1994 for $419 and just sold it for $440 cash :) Sorry I had to gloat. ;a

7. straightblast

straightblast

Not sure I can help, as I feed way too many calibers. Wish Glock would make a .38 Super....

For what it is worth, I think the G29 is a mandatory purchase by any 10mm fan. Best compact pistol built, for my money. So, I would keep the 17, 20, sell the other two and get a 29.

8. boarhunter

boarhunter

yea medpilot , it just makes sence , and you did a good think to trade up as well..I like to shoot alot and hate to buy so many amo types..its crazy.. Ill make 10mm for carry/home protection..And 9mm"s for all out war or urban street war like a Y2K event!

9. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Just a suggestion, but if you've got a G20, you can get spare aftermarket barrels for it in .40S&W, .357Sig and 9x25 Dillon.

The extra barrels in .40 & .357Sig are obviously WAY cheaper than buying a Glock in either caliber, so, if you had to, selling the G23 makes sense because you could put that money into a spare barrel, plus extra ammo or mags for the G20.

If you've got a 9mm G19, I'd hang on to it. 9mm pistols make for cheap and easy range plinkers. Since it's a Glock, the G19 can inexpensively help you maintain your shooting skills and hand-eye coordination with an autoloader having the same manual of arms as your 10mm. Plus, that allows you to save a bit for more 10mm ammo for practice at the G20's higher-power level.

Just my 2-cents.

10. VN350X10

VN350X10

Too many Glocks ?? IMPOSSIBLE !!!!

No need for Glock to make a .38 stupid thou...9mm is now a legal caliber for major p.f. for a racegun for USPSA competition, & even with a stock bbl, I can get major from my G 34, with room left. I've tested .3 gr higher than I need to make it w/a margin of error for other chronos, & still am within safe pressures IN MY GUN.

uncle albert