GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Gun show? No thanks. $8.00 to get in to look at overpriced items. I got beef jerky and I don't wear tshirts with AR's on the back.

2. Yard Work? Lawns mowed already. The weeds will just grow back. The fire ants are still far enough out.

3. Bass fish? Too late in the day. I don't feel like dealing with the boat or kayak.

4. Shooting range? Not on the weekend when every noobie is waving a gun around. I don't feel like getting shot today.

5. Reload? Naw got a ton of every caliber I shoot. Heck I got bullets for calibers I don't shoot!
Guess I'll lay in bed and watch tv. Its free and I'll order a pizza for delivery for lunch/ dinner.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
I'll clean up some tree tree branches and burn them. We had rain over night, so there is no danger of the fire getting away from me. I have been removing some of the less desirable trees, like hackberry, from my wooded lot and the clean up is a slow process. I'm drilling holes in the stumps and pouring Epsom salt in the holes to hopefully kill the roots. Maybe grill porterhouse steaks tonight over some hardwood coals. I have a couple 1.5" thick Fred Flintstone steaks thawed out. I started a pot of pintos with country ham bone in it. Cowboy dinner tonight.

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
Took the dog to the vet for heart worm checkup, picked some oranges and made fresh squeezed juice, coffee, and egg salad on toast for breakfast.
Watching a few football games before I start getting my stuff ready for a hunting trip next week.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
It is not raining and not forecast to rain for a couple days so may get the lawn mowed tomorrow after drying out today.
May lay some for 2x4's in the attic to lay plywood down for flooring.
May splice into a junction box and add an outlet in the attic.
May load up the truck for a dump run

Probably will read, listen to radio and contemplate all the above.

·
****** Viejo
28,798 Posts
Came home from shopping this morning to a real mess. One of the dogs spewed substances from both ends. I helped my wife clean up the mess. As a result our plans to do several things changed and in about two or so hours from now, I'm pulling the cork on a nice bottle of Scotch. tom.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Slept in. Drove around town buying bicycles off of Facebook marketplace for Christmas presents. Brought some free firewood home. Gave my wife a backrub. Getting ready to make lunch, go for a walk, and then hang Christmas lights on the house which will use up most of my remaining daylight.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Thinking of a walk in the woods and taking 1 rod combo and what gun to take with me for attack cans in the bottomlands there has to be a new crop I just know it. As of now 1 rod combo 2 baits for next-door stock tank and my 8" AR 9mm with sling definitely with a heavy wind proof coat on. 2nd choice is my old G2 Glock 19 and just may bump it to #1, G19 easier to cast with, after an issue with some trespassers one time in the past never go unarmed anywhere. The only negative is clean up of boots afterwards

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I just topped off a couple of weeks and probably more than 40 hours of prep work sending out literature to dozens of gun stores and ranges in GA to help get Perdue and Loeffler elected in January. I am hoping it helps enough. Also, anyone reading this that helped (or will help later) you have no idea how much your contribution matters. Now...off to drink beer or something and enjoy a stogie.

·
Registered
15,025 Posts
Doing some laundry and watching a Japanese variety special from the 70's with my wife right now. Mostly hot chicks in fancy hair-do's and flowing gowns singing with full live orchestra/bigband accompaniment -- quality entertainment.

Cup of coffee on the end table.

Occasionally looking back at newegg, thinking about spending some money on cyber weekend deals.

Edit: correction, it’s from Oct 1980.

E670F355-92D5-449F-8185-189783421421.jpeg

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
We are having a late Thanksgiving later this afternoon. One of the grandkids was identified as a COVID “close contact” by his school and had to quarantine for 10 days. We delayed Thanksgiving just to be sure.

·
A Grouchy Old Half-Blind Fat Guy who limps .....
592 Posts
Enjoying my 4th cup of coffee while heating the seat of my recliner and listening to Classic Country on Direct 808 .... had planned on spending the weekend at the Cabin, but SWMBO decided it was too cold :dancingbanana:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts