Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I have this client who does an event each year that requires me to travel to Ocean City, MD in the middle of the winter. It is freaking cold here, and nothing is open. It is a warm weather destination, but a ghost town right now.

I have a day off tomorrow, and I have no idea what to do. Anyone familiar with the area? What is around here that could provide some fun for a day?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Go up to Dogfish Head Brewpub in Rehoboth and sample the pub-only brews. Do this in celebration of being in Delaware, rather than gun-hating Maryland.

Go surf-fishing. You'll need a license, some bait, and a surf rod- check the phone book, any of the tackle shops ought to be able to set you up. Try Old Inlet B&T just north of Indian River Inlet.

Eat a meal at The Cottage Cafe in Bethany. They're open, and pretty good. Di Febos is probably open, too.

Go to Chauncey's Surf Shop in Ocean City. Put a hefty deposit on that 5'10" Christenson Cafe Racer quad-fin they have. I'll pick it up later. Also, I need warm-water wax. Zog's Quick Humps is best. Thanks.

Get a dozen doughnuts from The Fractured Prune on 125th Street. Maxim Magazine put them in the 10 best doughnuts in America last year- find out why.

Drink more Dogfish Head. Try the 120 Minute IPA. Hehehe. Good luck with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts